To Prove

(Eleven years Old)

Jessica was hiding up in her tree, watching the Dinosaurs across the water. It was her spot on the grounds where the Cameras couldn't find her. 

Owen was busier and Busier with the Raptors. He told Jessica she couldn't be around them, since Hoskins was looking into her. Did she listen? Not Really.

 But now, She was understanding everything. 

That she was abused.

That her mother didn't love her.

That Owen took her in when no one else would.

That she was different.

It took a toll on Jessie. She would be at the Park, and see kids with their parents happy. It started to create a hard shell on her. But the one place she felt safe was the place that started it all.

With the Raptors. 

At night, she would sneak out to see them. She would sit at the gate and talk to the Raptors, telling them about everything. They would always make some sort of noise, as if they were responding to her. She loved them. That was her family.

"You want to come down?" A male voice echoed. She looked down to see her Guardian.

"Not really." She said.

"Jessica...come on." Owen sighed. Jessica didn't want to get up at all. She felt free up there. Like no one could touch her. "Jessica!!!!!!"

"Fine, I'm coming. No need to yell." Jessica said as she rolled her eyes. She climbed halfway down, then jumped to the ground. That was a good 10 feet.

"One day, would you not have me worry about you?" Owen questioned as he helped her up.

"One Day, would you not bug me all the time?" She countered.

"Hey, you're only Eleven. Stop acting like a teenager." Owen said in a playful tone. Jessica just ignored him and looked at the ground. This made Owen take extraordinary measures. He picked up Jessica and threw her over his Shoulder.

"OWEN! OWEN PUT ME DOWN!" She screeched as she flailed. Owen began to chuckle and walk back to the Bungalow.

"You know, it feels like yesterday you were this little five year old. Calling me Oween." Owen said, acting so dramatically it hurt. "Such Good times."

"Owen. I'm not Five. Now please put me down." She huffed. Owen chuckled and did put her down. He put her down, in front of the jeep. "Really?"

"Come on, it isn't that bad. Besides, we gotta head back home." Owen explained. Jessica just rolled her eyes and got in the Jeep. She loved home, but she loved her tree more. 

-----------------------------------------------

Once they got back to the Bungalow, Jessica sat on the picnic table. She then looked at Owen, who looked nervous.

"You okay?" She asked him.

"Um, I gotta talk to you about something." Owen said. He sat next to her on the picnic table and took a breath.

Fear pumped through Jessica's veins. She feared Owen was going to get rid of her. She feared that all her nightmares were coming true.

"Jess, you know...I've been busy and all but I wanted to talk to you about it." Owen started off. "I have been meeting some people outside of the Paddock."

"Okay..."

"I mean females....Like women." Owen said bluntly. 

"Oh...."

"And I want to make sure you are okay with it." He told her. She was surprised he wanted her permission.

"I don't control your life. Do what you want." She said to him.

"Rabbit...It's been just us for over six years. I don't want to upset you that's all." Owen explained. Jessica smiled and wrapped her arms around him.

"Don't worry. You have done so much for me, I couldn't be upset with you." She whispered. Owen smiled and hugged her back tightly. "Besides, I can't break our promise wall."

The two spent hours then, sitting in the outside. They laughed and talked. It was as if time stopped and let them enjoy themselves. He even chased her around the table, trying to get her face covered in mud. It was like little Jessica was there, being a kid.

Owen saw that she was growing up, and it took a tole on him sometimes. So he decided its time to think of himself as well now. He was a bachelor before Jessica, so it's time to get back in the game. But no matter what, His Jessica would be number one.

At Least that is what he told himself.