Away

Owen had little Jessica on his hip as they walked through the main area of the park. It wasn't packed yet, due to the fact the  park had just opened. Jessica looked at the world around her with a smile. She saw all the attractions, and kids there. Though Owen tried getting her to be social, Jessica just stayed put next to him. 

Once noon hit, the little girl grew hungry from all the excitement. Owen brought her over to a place he would go to for lunch all the time.

"Hey Roc!" Owen said as him and Jessica sat on the bar stools. A man with tan skin and a slight dark facial hair appeared at the bar. He wore a white apron, with brown stains and had an undershirt that was tye-dye. 

"Owen! My favorite Customer! How are you!" The man cheered. His slight latino accent gave him a fun feel. His green eyes fell on the little girl. "Who is this beauty?"

"Roc, this is Jessica." Owen introduced. Roc's smile grew and he came closer to the beauty.

"Hello Jessica. Eres muy Hermosa."(You are very Beautiful) He spoke to her, with a soft gentle voice.

"Gracias Señor." Jessica said quietly. Both Owen and Roc's eyes light up with surprise.

"Qué sorpresa poco ángel! Dime , ¿Habla usted español ?" (What a surprise little Angel! Tell me, do you speak Spanish?) Roc asked her. The little girl nodded.

"Sí señor. ¿Está bien ?" (Yes Sir. Is that okay?) Jessica said shyly, afraid it would upset him.

"That is beautiful! Owen, why haven't you brought her before!" Roc squealed. Owen began to laugh and smile at the little enigma.

"I just got her yesterday Roc, but I am quite famished." Owen said with a grin. Roc nodded.

"Okay, you want the Fajita or the burger today?" Roc asked as he took out a pad of paper to write the order down.

"I'm feelin' a burger. What about you Jessie?" Owen said while looking at Jessica. The littie girl looked at her hands, and didn't awnser. She never had a choice before. It was confusing for her. Owen saw it and rubbed the little girl's back. "I think Rabbit here needs some chicken fingers."

"COMING UP!!!" Roc said in a high pitched voice, making both Owen and Jessica giggle.

"I didn't know you could speak spanish." Owen said to the little blonde. Jessica's smile dropped and she hunched over, preparing for yelling. "That is so cool."

The little Blonde girl looked up at him with wide eyes and a smile. She still didn't understand the kindness of Owen's actions. Her smile turned into a toothy grin. Owen smiled at the girl, with pride and joy.

"Are you and Roc gonna talk about me now, while I'm not around?" Owen joked. The girl shook her head.

"No, I like you more." Jessica admitted.

"WHAT!!!" Roc yelled playfully. "I am at least your favorite Uncle, Right?"

"Maybe." The girl giggled. 

"All right, All right. Here is one Spanish kicked burger and a kids chicken fingers." Roc said with a smile and place the food in front of them. Owen started to chow down on his food while Jessica looked at in with confusion. 

Her little tiny fingers began to hover over the orangey-brown food. She poked it, and heard the crunch. 

Roc cleared his throat, getting Owen's attention. Owen looked at him, then at the troubled girl. He put down his burger and wiped his hands. He leaned over to Jessica.

"Its okay to eat it." He told her softly. She looked at the food then at Owen, unsure. Owen picked up the chicken finger. "Like this."

He placed it in his mouth and took a bite. Jessica could hear the crunch from the coating. Inside was white meat. Owen handed it to her. Jessica looked at then poked the white meat with her tongue. Owen chuckled. Jessica slowly took a bite, and her stomach growled. The hazel eyes widened as she dug into the food.

Roc and Owen watched the girl eat, and smiled. It was amazing how her life basically was starting over and now she learning all theses things. It was beautiful the way she filled her cheeks with food, so much that she look like a chipmunk. The moment was almost too good to be true. 

"Mr. Grady." Jessica heard the voice and shrunk. She put the food back, and hid her face from Claire. "We have a situation we need your help with."

"What Claire?" Owen said irritated. Jessica climbed into Owen's lap quickly and buried her head away from Claire.

"Some of your workers posted a video of her being saved...." Claire said. 

"Okay, so what?" Owen asked. The next thing Claire said, made both Jessica and Owen freeze.

"Someone saw it, and made contact stating it was her mother. She on her way here."