Chapter 10- The Running

General POV-

"I got this feeling, inside my bones. It goes electric, wavy when I turn it on. All through my city-"

"How long has this been going on?"

"All morning, Master Wayne," Alfred informed him. "You should have heard the song before this one- talking about being a good girl and trying to domesticate you."

The older man shuddered at the thought while Bruce just shook his head slightly and rolled his eyes.

"I got that sunshine in my pocket, got that good soul in my feet. I feel that hot blood in my body when it drops, ooh-"

"It has to stop sometime, right?"

"I've been telling myself that for over an hour now," Alfred replied. "Should I fetch you a pair of ear plugs, sir?"

"No, no-" Bruce held up his hand, stopping the butler in his tracks. "Someone has to go put a stop to this," he said.

Bruce began heading to the guest bedroom where Rose was staying when Alfred called out to him.

"Master Wayne?"

Bruce turned back around.

"Go easy on her, would you? This is the happiest she's been in three days," Alfred reminded him.

Bruce nodded his head before heading back towards the guest room.

"When we move, well, you already know. So just imagine, just imagine, just imagine. Nothing I can see but you when you dance, dance, dance-"

As he entered the room, Bruce chuckled at Rose's arms swaying in the air to the beat. Without her knowledge, he was able to enter and turn down the volume on her docking station. Rose gasped in fear as she spun around.

"Sorry. Sorry," he apologized as he raised both hands in a non threatening manner.

"It's ok," she replied, her hands clutching her chest as she gasped for air. "Was it too loud?" she asked, wondering why he had turned it down in the first place.

"Just a tad," Bruce teased holding up his pinched fingers. "You seem to be in a good mood today," he commented as he sat down on the edge of her bed.

"Yeah, I guess so," Rose replied with a small smile.

As she raised her fingers up to her lips, a slight blush crept up her cheeks and suddenly a thought occurred to Bruce as he sat there.

"Oh god," Bruce groaned as a mortified look crossed his face. "You had sex with him, didn't you?"

"Well-- yeah, I mean-"

"No! No! La la la la la," Bruce plugged his ears. "I don't wanna know. I don't wanna know!" he yelled as he scrambled to exit the room. "Just forget I asked!"

Rose chuckled as Bruce left the room. If this was how he reacted to them just having sex, what was he going to do when he finally found out she was pregnant with Clark's child?

She sat back down at the vanity and finished putting on her make up for the day. Since all of her things were still at Alfred's, Clark had dropped her off this morning and no matter what, she had promised to be at the Congressional Meeting today in DC.

"People hate what they don't understand, Clark." They had been sitting on the couch wrapped up in a blanket and had just finished watching the news. "But they see what you do. They know who you are and you are not a killer."

"I just don't know what to do anymore," he told her. He was so torn he wouldn't even look Rose in the eye.

"You go to that meeting tomorrow, you hold your head up high, and you be their hero," she told him. "You be anything they need you to be- monument, angel, whatever. Just remember no matter what happens, I'll be standing there, right by your side."