5 | blackmail is a bitch

Ricky ran a hand through his hair, resting his chin on the desk and watching the clock. The day was going by so obnoxiously slow, the gargoyle was almost considering asking Angelo to make a voodoo doll of him so he could beat himself up and go home early.

Angelo was a mixed creature, but he had embraced the fortune teller part of him over the years. He did, of course, practice witchcraft on the side.

Amongst Angelo's various successes, fixing Devin was one of them. Devin was,- as hard to believe as it may seem,- a voodoo doll, of sorts. He looked a bit like a doll in his complexion, but a doll far prettier than any of the patchwork pieces Angelo could create.

Devin was simply cursed. Angelo had been strong enough to break that curse, but that's a story for another time. Essentially, after the curse was broken, Devin enrolled in high school with the intentions to live a perfectly normal, supernatural, immortal voodoo life.

Angelo scowled a bit at how uncomfortable, antsy and flat out bored Ricky seemed. Typically, he disliked the idea of playing with time. Then again, being a powerful creature had perks. Not everyone could do the things that Angelo could.

With a slow sigh, Angelo drew a clockwise circle in the air with his pointer finger, the clock speeding up to five minutes before the end of class. The teacher didn't notice, luckily, but Ricky did, shooting Angelo a thankful grin.

Ange simply rolled his eyes, which were fading from completely white back to their normal, crystal blue appearance.

When the bell rang, students flooded out of the classroom like mice.

Ricky waited for Angelo and Devin, and the three of them headed off down the hall to reunite with their friends. It was, after all, their lunch period. They always went outside during that time.

"Anyone have any gum?" Devin asked, scrunching his nose up a bit. There was rarely a time when that boy didn't have gum in his mouth.

Rolling his eyes, Ricky handed over the pack of cherry gum that he had, knowing that he'd never get it back. Devin had an unintentional habit of stealing packs of gum, which was why it was so rare to see him without it. No one ever had the heard to ask for him to return anything, though.

Devin was simply too adorable. Pale skin, silky hair, doe like eyes that, sometimes, resembled buttons, and stitches from living as a pin- or really any sharp object,- cushion for so long. He was simply too difficult to say no to.

Beaming, Devin took a piece and, much to the surprise of Ricky and Angelo, he handed the pack back to Ricky, saying a happy 'thank you.'

Angelo glanced at Ricky, who gave the same look back. Devin didn't seem to notice their surprise, already blowing a bubble with the gum Ricky had given him.

"Hey," Chris greeted as he walked out of the Algebra room. Mike wasn't far behind, half asleep. Ryan had biology, and Vinny had health class. That meant they were upstairs.

The rest of the teens simply headed outside. Vinny and Ryan were smart enough to realize they'd be outside. Josh had stayed home with Ryan-Ashley, who had come down with a bit of a cold. It was that time of the year, of course, and everyone was sick, truthfully.

"Anyone got a smoke?" Ricky asked with a heavy sigh as he sat down at one of the picnic tables outside the school building.

Chris snorted at the comment. "You know we don't smoke, but Ryan probably has his." He said, and Mike shook his head. "Nah, I've got 'em," He said, handing over the pack of cigarettes to Ricky, who was grinning in a rather dopey manner.