9 | sometimes, you can fix 'ignorant' after all

"I'm sick of sneaking around, Mike," Ryan said, tugging his boyfriend's hand lightly. "What's the worst they can do?"

Kuza heaved a sigh. "I guess they can't do much other than tell us to stay away from each other. But-"

Before Mike could keep talking, Ryan tugged him through the doorway. He didn't care what his parents had to say about the situation.

Ryan kept a tight, nervous grip on Mike's hand. "Mom," He said with a huff. "Dad," He added, looking up from the floor at his parents, who seemed beyond pissed off that their son had brought a werewolf into their home.

"Ryan!"

Ally, who was sat on the couch, closed the book in her hands. "This should be good," She chuckled.

There was silence for what seemed like forever.

Finally, Ryan spoke. "First of all, I know you're pissed. I don't care." He said. "Second of all, I-.. I'm gay. Again, I know you're pissed, and I don't care." He mumbled. "Lastly, Mike and I are dating. I know, you're pissed. I don't care." He said.

His mother almost looked as if she was going to faint.

"Ryan, how could you?" She asked, as if he had done something to intentionally hurt her. Parents seemed to turn things around like that.

"No son of mine is going to be gay," His father seethed, "Let alone with a wolf." He snarled, taking a step forward.

Mike sneered. He lost it, of course, when Ryan got slapped.

Ally's eyes were wide, and even she looked pissed off.

Ryan hardly flinched, gritting his teeth a bit and raising a hand to his cheek. "So," He muttered, "That's how it is, then?"

Ally stood up, slamming her book down on the coffee table. "That was uncalled for!" She cried.

Mike put an arm around Ryan's waist, pulling him away from his angry father. "Don't fucking touch him." He growled.

"What he said," Ally huffed.

"Ally," Ryan's mother scolded, "Stay out of it."

Ryan swung the front door open. "You were right, Mike," He said. "This was a bad idea. Stupid of me to think my parents gave a fuck." He said, heading out the door with Mike, Ally not far behind.

"Where do you think you're going, Ryan?" His mother questioned.

"Anywhere but here." The vampire said, raising his middle finger.

"Ryan, don't go," Ally said. "I know they're being jerks, but-"

"Look, Als," Ryan sighed, turning to face his younger sibling. "I gotta go. I'm not gonna take their shit, and I'm not gonna let them keep me from Mike."

Ally gave a doe eyed, sad look. "Where are you gonna go? Are you gonna be okay?"

Ryan sighed, rubbing the back of his neck and looking away.

Mike spoke up, keeping an arm around Ryan's waist. "I'll make sure he's just fine. Don't worry, alright? Go back inside.."

Ally sniffled, hugging Ryan tightly and looking up at Mike before scurrying back inside.

- - - - - -

"Is your family gonna get pissy like mine?" Ryan asked quietly, glancing up at Mike as they approached the front porch.

"Uh-" Mike said. "Dunno." He shrugged. It was the truth, after all.

Mike held onto Ryan's hand, walking him inside.

Without looking up from what she was doing in the kitchen, Mike's grandmother sighed. "Michael," She said. "Your mother said no vampires."

"His parents had a fit. Look, he just needs somewhere to stay for a couple days. Where's Ma?" Kuza said.

"Right here," His mother said from the hallway, frowning deeply. "I did say no vampires, Michael."

"But-" Kuza said, pinching Ryan's cheeks. "How can you say no to this face? Look at him. He's got nowhere to go," He whined.

Ryan scrunched his nose up a bit. "Mike- I can ask one of the guys. I don't wanna piss your family off or anything.."

There was silence for a moment, and then Mike's grandma spoke up. "Well that earned my seal of approval." She stated. "Let the kid stay, if it'll make your son happy," She said as she smacked Mike's mother's shoulder lightly.

Sighing, she looked up at Mike. "Just don't cause any trouble, and I suppose he's just fine." She stated.

Mike grinned. "Thanks, Ma," He said, tugging Ryan's hand lightly and walking him upstairs.