Chapter 13: 73 Days

I once again wake with Cole's arms wrapped around me. I pulled the curtains this time, so the sun only comes in a small slit between the curtains. Looking at the clock, it's 7:45. Breakfast is served at 9 in the hotel conference room. I remove Cole's arms from my waist slowly.

I grab my shirt from the floor and throw it on over my head. I walk over to my suitcase and grab an outfit. Walking into the bathroom, I turn on the shower. I take off my shirt and step into the hot stream of water. It feels so good. My leg and hip hurts from walking all day yesterday. 

A few minutes later, I get out of the shower. I wrap a towel around my body, opening the door. Outside, in my room, Cole sits on my bed. He turns the TV to the news. It shows about another murder out in the city somewhere. I can't believe it, but I'm used to it by now. I mean, seeing it on the news. They happen in every major city. I just don't see why.

"Good morning, Baby", Cole says as I sit down next to him. He gives me a quick kiss before turning back to the television.

"Good morning. How'd you sleep?" I ask.

"Very good. I always sleep better with you near me" Cole says.

"You are so cheesy sometimes, you know that, right", I laugh.

"I know. But you love it", he says into my ear, before nuzzling his face in my shoulder. Cole plants kisses on neck. 

I keep laughing. "Stop it. We need to be down stairs in less than an hour. I need to get ready, and so do you".

"Ugh! You make this so difficult sometimes, girl!" Cole teases me. He gets up from the end of my bed, grabbing his shirt, and walking into the bathroom and turning on the shower.

5 minutes later, Cole walks out of the bathroom with a new outfit on. "We need to go get Noah. He is probably still asleep. That idiot could sleep through an earthquake and wouldn't budge", Cole laughs.

I finish getting dressed and drying my hair, then I put on my shoes. We leave my hotel room and head up to the guys room for Noah. Cole opens the door and we find Noah still asleep.

I run and jump on the bed, hitting Noah in the face with a pillow. "Geeeet uuuuup!"

He groans, opening one eye. "Hey, Princess".

"Get up", I scream again. "or I'm going to make Cole push you off your bed. I might just pour cold water on you".

I get off the bed and pull the covers off from over Noah's head. "Uuuuugggghhhhh", he groans again.

"We need to get to breakfast", Cole tells him. 

Noah gets up from the bed, grabs a pair of pants and a shirt and walks into the bathroom. The shower turns on, and less than 5 minutes later, it turns off again.

"Good morning", Noah says with a smile as he opens the door to the bathroom.

We head for the elevators at 8:50. The ride takes just about a minute. We walk into the conference room. A few guys are already here with their girlfriends and wives. They greet us, and soon Jonathan walks in with France.

"Hey, guys", Jonathan and France say at the same time.

"Noah, move over", I look over at him. He gives me a pouty look. "Oh, please. I need some girl time. Being surrounded by a whole bunch of professional hockey players is exhausting".

He moves a chair down and France sits down next to me. Jonathan sits on the other side of Cole, who is sitting to my left.

"Tell me more about him", France whispers into my ear. She nods over to Cole.

I turn my chair so Cole can't hear me, but he's focused on Jonathan. "He is amazing. Everything a girl could ever ask her...." I go on to tell her everything that I love about him. His laugh, his smile. His little quirks that no one else notices, but I do.

"So how's Will?" I ask. That's her fiancé.

"He's good. He's working at an architectural firm over in Seaport. He really loves it there. I work only a few blocks from him, so we have lunch together a lot. It's very nice, and sweet. And very smart. I would say the same thing about Will that you said about Cole. He is amazing. I can't wait to be married to him".

"When's the wedding?" I ask.

"March twenty fourth. Out in Cambridge. A little church on the edge of Harvard's campus".

"Does that mean I'm invited?" I ask with a smirk.

"Why would it?" France says with a straight face. A second later, she burst out laughing. "Of course you are. I wouldn't let you miss it. You are one of the only people that has kept me sane within the past ten years. I just haven't set any invitations yet, but soon."

"Awe. You're so sweet. You might be better than Cara". I laugh. "I will try to get back out here". 

A few minutes later, still talking to France, I get a tap on my shoulder. Cole looks to me. He brings his lips up to my ear. "We have another adventure to go on. But we do have to bring Noah, I promised".

I turn close to him so we don't interrupt anyone. "Where are we going?" I ask.

"Just down back kind of near the aquarium and the park last night. Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market". He answers back.

"Oh! I love it there. The shops are amazing, and the food is so good".

Breakfast ends an hour later, and everyone is stuffed. All of the guys decide on a lazy day lounging around the hotel with their girlfriends and wives, while Noah, Cole, and I head out for more sightseeing.

Another adventure, here we come!