Chapter 24: 21 Days

Tonight is Becca's huge Halloween party, and Aiden is making me go. We went costume shopping last weekend, and he made me get this super skimpy cop outfit. I really think it's cute, but I don't know how I'm going to get out of the house looking like this.

Aiden walks into my room as I finish my makeup. He has his own costume in hands. A pirate outfit. Leather boots, baggy leggings, or whatever you want to call them, a white shirt that is ripped half way down the middle, and a maroon colored bandana.

"Ready, Mere?" He knows I don't want to go.

"Yeah. Let me finish my eyes and I will get everything out. Am I doing your makeup? Any scars or stitches?" I laugh.

"Nah, let's just finish your makeup, you are looking smoking hot".

I finish my final makeup touches and put on my cop outfit. The skirt barely covers my a$$ and the fishnet tights don't help anything further. Aiden comes out of my bathroom in his outfit. The shirt is ripped almost down to his belly button, but he has the body for it. The attached vest matches his boots and bandana, and the bandana is an amazing color. Look at me, I'm the fashion police. Lol, not funny. That was a bad joke. So sorry.

We are both completely dressed in our costumes, and I grab the accessories that go with my outfit. Sunglasses, handcuffs, fingerless gloves, and the hat. I put the hat on over my curled hair and Aiden and I head down stairs.

Mom stands at the bottom of her stairs with a camera. As usual. "I want pictures. Come on, you two".

Aiden and I pose for pictures, and after 5 minutes, I finally tell Mom to stop. She lets us go, and we get into Aiden's car. The drive doesn't take even 5 minutes, and it looks like half the school is already here.

Becca's house is absolutely huge. It's more of a mansion than a house. Aiden parks next to Addison's car. She's here with Marcus, of course. I take a deep breath and get out of the car with Aiden by my side. He gives a reassuring look as we enter the house.

As we enter the door, Music blares. A DJ sits in the kitchen playing awful music. But it's a party, isn't that what's supposed to happen?

"Meredith, Aiden", we hear over the music. Rushing through the crowd, comes Addison in a neon green, slutty care bear outfit.

She hands us each a cup. I take a sip, knowing it's alcohol. It tastes absolutely horrible. "Ugh, Addi, what's in this?"

"Kind of a mixture of everything. Vodka, rum, tequila, gin. More things that I can't remember. But it's completely safe", she smiles, then walks back to wherever she came from, leaving Aiden and I to fend for ourselves in the crowd of our classmates.

We walk into the living room, which has been turned into the dancing room. Aiden and I walk onto the floor and start to dance. We have already thrown our awful drinks away and found that there was normal fruit punch, which I know will be spiked at some point, but it will still taste better than the mixed stuff.

A little while later, Aiden asks if I want a drink. I nod. He walks off, leaving me to dance alone for a minute or two. From behind me, someone grabs my hips and spins me around.

I look up at the guy. Marcus. "Hey, Cutie. Want to dance with me?" He's drunk. I know it.

I try to remove his arms from my waist. "No thanks. Now, go find Addison. She is looking for you".

His hands snake to my butt, and I slap them away. "No she isn't. I broke up with her. I want you. It's always been you. Dating her was just so I could get to you", this d0uche bag.

"Really, Marcus. You should go", I plead, still trying to push him away.

Before he says anything else, he moves his lips over mine. He tries to slide his tongue inside my mouth, but I don't let it. I try to move away, but his grip on my upper back is too strong.

I finally find some sort of strength to fight away from him. I stare at him in disbelief for a second, before running away. I don't know where to go, but I find myself outside on the front porch.

I break down in tears. I sit in the corner and cry. That did not just happen. Marcus is such an a$$. I hate him with a passion. He broke up with one of my best friends, then came up to me and kissed me, all while he was drunk.

Once again a reason why I hate it here in Illinois. If I was back in Maine, I wouldn't have to deal with Marcus. I wouldn't have just been kissed by some guy who pretty much says he hates me all other days, I wouldn't be away from Cole and Noah, and the rest of the teams. Both the girls and the guys team. They were my best friends. I wouldn't have to deal with 3 different schools in 4 years. I wouldn't have to deal with any of it. I hate it here. I want to be back in Maine. I can't take it here anymore.

I cry silently, and I'm sure Aiden is looking for me by now. I don't care. I will go back in when I don't look like I cried at all.

A car pulls up to the curb. And the guy gets out. My eyes are blurry from the tears.

"Oh my god! Princess, what's wrong?"

Noah.