Chapter 34: Written in the Stars

June

Studying my dress from inside it's plastic bag, I hear a knock on the front door. "I'll get it", Noah yells from his room. I listen to him run down the stairs and answer the door. It's Mrs. Anderson and Cole. I give Cole a kiss and Mrs. Anderson a hug, then we go back up stairs. Cole goes to see Noah, and Mrs. Anderson follows me. 

She walks into my room. "Oh my goodness", she steps over next to me, looking at my dress. "Let's get started, we only have an hour".

Mrs. Anderson sits me at my vanity and starts on my makeup. She does my smoky eye and wing perfectly on both eyes, and the blush on my cheeks matched perfectly to my dress.

For my hair, I bought a flower crown that matches the flowers on my skirt. Mrs. Anderson curls my hair and does a half up, half down prom up do, laying the crown perfectly over my hair.

"Okay, time for your dress", Mrs. Anderson smiles as finishes the last bobby pin in my hair.

I put my dress on feet first, so the dress won't touch my makeup. Mrs. Anderson stands a few feet behind me as I look over myself in my dress with my hair done and my makeup on in the mirror on my closet door. I smile to myself as I listen to Noah climb the stairs. He walks into my room, then stops abruptly. I hear a little gasp escape his lips. "Meredith, you look amazing", I blush.

Mrs. Anderson places her hands on my shoulders and turns me towards her. She smiles at me. "I have watched you turn into this beautiful young lady the past three years. But now, you don't even look like you", her voice cracks a little. "Take care of my baby tonight, you got me?"

I nod with a small giggle. "Of course, I always do".

Mrs. Anderson and Noah walk down the stairs to get her camera ready for when I walk down the stairs. "Come on down", she calls to me.

I handle a clump of the front of my dress as I walk down the stairs. Cole stands at the bottom of the stairs, looking up at me with the brightest eyes I've ever seen. His black tuxedo with a pink handkerchief and a green tie to match my dress, fits perfectly on him. I walk slowly down and stop on the last stair, where he takes my hand.

"You look amazing", Cole whispers to me, he kisses my cheek.

"So do you", I adjust his tie a little before we turn to Noah and Mrs. Anderson.

"Mere, yu' look hot" Noah smiles.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Find your own", Cole laughs, placing his hand on the small of my back. Noah rolls his eyes playfully.

"Okay, pictures. Front porch, you two", Mrs. Anderson says to us. Noah and Mrs. Anderson walk out onto the stone path that connects to the driveway. She takes her camera out as Cole and I wait on the steps. "Third step, typical prom pose", she orders us.

After a few pictures of that, she puts her camera down and thinks for a moment. "Okay, Meredith. Stand on the top step and Cole stands on the one in front. Wrap your arms over his shoulders", she order again.

I stand on the top step and smooth out my skirt as Cole adjusts his jacket. I drape my arms around his neck, locking my hands together on his chest. I rest my chin on top if his head lightly. Mrs. Anderson continues her pictures. She orders us for more poses. I take a few of her and Cole, Noah takes a few of the the three of us, Mrs. Anderson takes one of the three of us kids, then finally a few of me and Noah.

"You two are going to be late. Go, go. Have fun. Stay out as late as you want. But not too, too late", she stares straight at Cole. "But, please Cole. You know what we talked about". Oh! I blush.