Lies to Cover the Truth

Sorry I know I said I would update soon but I haven't have the time. I'm not going to promise to update a certain time because I don't have time and I'm just going to update when I am able to. As you have noticed every chapter has been edited, some of the chapter titles have been renamed. You can re-read the chapters if you want which I do suggest. There might still be mistakes here and there as I couldn't find someone to help me edit this story. So finally the much awaited chapter is here! Enjoy!

*Poseidon's POV*

Triton turned towards me, his face full of anger. Percy also looked at me like that. Then they turned to each other and death glaring one another. This isn't going to go well.

"So you adopted a random kid," Triton says mentioning towards Percy, "And didn't tell me? Why did you even adopted him in the first place?"

I sighed and sat down. This is too much, between Percy going to hospital, learning Percy's mother is Sally and the possibility that I'm Percy's father? I can't tell both of them anything, not until the test results come back. I have to be one hundred percent sure.

"Because Triton, I used to be friends with his mother," I told Triton.

It was a complete lie, Sally and I were friends before we started dating. Our friendship started because our love for the sea. Which is a bit ironic because of my namesake. My family has a weird fetish for Greek names.

"You used to be friends with my mother?" Percy asked.

"Yes, we were really close before she moved away. Since she moved we haven't been able to get in touched with each other," I lied to him.

How could I get in touched with her when she never wanted to see me again? Even if I was able to find her she would probably slam the door in my face and tell me to get lost. Sally was kind hearted but she was also as stubborn as a donkey.

"So that's why you have a picture of her in your office," stated Percy.

I nodded. Triton was standing in the background fluming, he looked like he was going to bust at any second. Just when it looked like he was going to say something, he turned around and stomp off to his bedroom, slamming the door behind him. Percy jumped at the sudden loud noise. I sighed and turned to Percy.

"Sorry about Triton. Usually he is a good kid but sometimes he can act like his mother and be over dramatic. He might take a little time to warm up but once he dose I think you two can be good friends. So can you please try to get along?" I ask Percy.

"Ok I can try. After all, you have done a lot for me so this is at least what I can do to repay you," said Percy.

"Percy you don't have to repay me anything, you're a good kid even despite what you have gone through," I told him.

Percy blushed at the praise.

"Well I better go check on the other horses, cya Poseidon," Percy was out the door but then went back inside and faced me, "Poseidon when can I try to ride Blackjack?"

I was shocked by the question, Percy riding the Black Stallion? Yes he has made huge improvement but was the horse really ready for the next step. Though the bond between Percy and Blackjack was strong, it was rare for a human and horse to have a bond like that.

"Maybe during this week, I'm not sure if Blackjack is ready for that," Percy head dropped, "But if you are really sure he is ready for the next step I'll help you, you know that horse better than anyone."

"Yes! He is ready, I'm one hundred percent sure of it! Thankyou Poseidon!" Percy ran out the door, probably to go see Blackjack.

That's one happy kid down one to go. I walked up the stairs and went to Triton's bedroom door. I knocked on the door. No reply. I knocked on it again and louder, still no reply.

"Come on Triton don't ignore me, please let me in so we can talk," I said.

I heard a sigh and then footsteps. I heard the click of the door, then the door opened up slightly. I pushed open the door further and walked in.

The room smelt of vanilla and cinnamon, despite being a teenager Triton kept his room clean. The books were stacked neatly in their shelf, all of his clothes were folded in the cupboard and there was nothing on the floor. The only thing that was messy was his bed which he was laying on, he never made it because he found no point in it.

Triton had his earphones in, I could faintly hear the song Bloody Shirt by Bastille. I sat down next to him on the water bed and tapped him on the shoulder. He sighed (again) and sat up and pulled out his earphones.

"What was all that about?" I asked Triton.

"What was what?" he said.

"You know what I was talking about. You haven't over reacted like that in ages, so what's going on?" I told him.

"Well...it was surprising. Coming here to find a boy that I've never seen before and then to find out he was living here. It's like..."

"Like what?"

Triton sighed, "Like...you were replacing me."

"Oh Triton I would never replace you, you should know that," I told him.

"I know...I-I'm having a bad time at school and mum has a new boyfriend and so she's never home. I feel so alone."

I pulled him into a hug, he started crying.

"It's ok Triton. If you want I can work something out with your mother so you can stay here for the entire summer holidays if you like?" I asked.

Triton stopped crying and weakly nodded.

"I'm going to get started on tea, it should be ready in half an hour,' I got up room the bed and left.

Behind me I heard Triton talking, "Dad what has Percy been though that is so bad?"

He must have heard the conversation I had with Percy before.

I turned around, "It's not my place to tell you, but its nothing a kid should go though. So can you try and get along with him? I've asked him the same thing and he is willing to try."

"Ok, I'll try."

Broken Pasts (Percy Jackson AU)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें