ONE

04/06/2020: Before reading this story (or any of the others), I'd advise you to read the pinned message on my profile.

-

  Will Solace stared at the pale boy in front of him on the hospital bed. He couldn't help it, it was finally happening.

   Nico Di Angelo was here to stay.

  How long had the son of Apollo wanted this? How badly? How many times had he wondered when Nico would finally start to let others in when he broke down in the Hades cabin after a long day? Holy Apollo, that boy was irritating. His self esteem was shorter than coach Hedge - which was saying something.

  Let me help Nico, let me be a doctor. Let me be your doctor.

  Nico's chest rose and fell unsteadily as he took breaths, his lips were parted open slightly. Will sighed, he looked so calm and peaceful as he slept. It was almost like watching an entirely different person. He rested his hand on the mattress and his eyes flicked over to Nico's lips and darted back up again.

  "How dare you make me feel like this Nico Di Angelo?" he whispered. A small flutter in his stomach was the only response he got.

  Suddenly, he lost his balance and fell forward as his hand slipped. Will caught himself just in time to see Nico's gorgeous dark eyes, it was like staring into the night. Small puffs of air blew across Will's face as the son of Hades breathed. The blond haired boy acted on impulse, he leaned forward, closing the gap between the two and brushing his warm lips to Nico's unsurprisingly cool ones. Just a small touch but it was enough to wake the black haired teen.

  Will nearly screamed, falling back onto the floor, Nico turned his head to look at Will, then slowly sat up. His face was stoic but his eyes betrayed his true feelings.

  Surprise, shock, embarrassment, hope... longing.

  Will stumbled off the floor, standing straight up and trying to sound confident. "I was just, well you know - doctor stuff - facial examination - mediCAL REASONS!" he said in a panicked crescendo. Nico furrowed his eyebrows.

  "Right," he replied in a slow drawl that said he clearly didn't believe Will.

  Nico licked his lips, Will held back from making a sound like a dying Hippocampus - don't ask how he knew what that sounded like. His lower lip quivered, just slightly enough that no one who wasn't paying attention wouldn't notice. 

  Nico noticed.

  "Why do my lips taste like watermelon?" he asked as if he already knew the answer, Nico's dark eyes were glancing at Will's pink lips every so often.

  Will's ears turned pink for more than one reason. "That's the - uh - juice that you were required to have while - uh - you were sleeping," Will tried.

  That sound about as real as Annabeth breaking up with Percy, he thought.

  The gifted healer was all too aware of the watermelon flavored chap-stick in his cargo shorts as he spoke, "I should - right - okay." He didn't bother to elaborate, walking out the room hastily without being too obvious.

  Will Solace came back to Nico's room in a few hours, more collected and cool - son of Apollo: Cool. Get it? - than before, he hoped. Nico was sitting up on the edge of his bed, he'd been out. Will could tell. He almost made a run for it but decided against it, especially since the other boy was now walking towards him. "Will.." he said, sounding unsure and foolish. Will nearly melted, the way Nico said his name...

  Nico stood a mere inch away from Will, he seemed undecided. Then suddenly, without any warning Nico had eliminated that bothersome, terrible inch between them. His cool lips were on Will's soft ones and then they were kissing.

  As you can imagine, Will being Will nearly had a heart attack.

  The blond haired boy smiled into the kiss and wrapped both his arms behind Nico's back, pulling him closer. It was Nico who pulled away first, looking flushed. He ducked his head down and took something out of his pocket, handing it to Will. "In case you ever run out," he mumbled as he started to walk out the door.

  Oh no you don't, thought Will as he grinned.

  Will caged Nico up against the wall with one hand and cupped his chin with the other, leaning in for another kiss. He loosened his grip on the brand new tube of watermelon chap-stick and tugged Nico closer to him, never intending to let go.