SEVEN

It had been a year since the war against Gaea and Will Solace and Nico di Angelo were still not together. 

  A tragedy, really. 

  Jason had been trying to get them together for so long but it just wasn't happening. Between all their bickering and Nico shadow travelling or running away every time they got even remotely close, they just couldn't get together. So, Jason Grace had decided to scout out and watch them to see how exactly he could make it happen. He shifted uncomfortably in the bush and watched the dock by the lake.

Usually, after a long day at work, Will stopped by there and he and Nico talked for a while before finally going to their cabins. Jason perked up as he saw the son of Apollo approaching, his shoulders hunched over like he was exhausted.

Quickly he took out the small contraption that Leo had made for him that allowed him to hear what they were saying from a long distance away. He put the earpiece in and went completely still as Nico came along.

'Hey. Tired?' Nico asked. As you could tell, he was a man of many words.

Will stared at him then looked away into the water, sitting down on the deck and dangling his feet into the water.

'Yeah, have you been travelling much?' Nico tried to avoid eye contact as he joined Will and murmured a faint, 'No.'

Will turned on him, 'You have, haven't you!?', he said accusingly. 'Out of all the irresponsible - how many times have I told you that there is a LIMIT Nico! Gods, you worry me sometimes. No, scratch that. ALL the time.' 

  Nico looked at Will and frowned.

'Well, it's not my fault. It's what I want to do and I don't do it because I want to disobey your orders, I just want to visit other people sometimes. Maybe I wouldn't do it so much if you were around more! Ever think of that?' Nico wasn't shouting but his voice was certainly louder than before. Jason grimaced, how could he ever get them together like this? The conversation had escalated faster than Jason could say Hephaestus. 

Will gave him a short mocking laugh, 'Really, Nico? So now you want me around more? Last time I checked, you were running away from me every time I tried to move a little closer to you.' Nico got red in the face and his face displayed a series of emotions.

Will continued, 'How am I supposed to be able to help you if you won't let me?' Nico shuffled a centimeter away from Will, as he was leaning into his face.

'That's what I'm talking about.' Will said, sounding both exasperated and gentler than before. He took in a deep breath and stood up. 

  Nico stood up too, 'Are you leaving?' he asked, not one hint of annoyance left in his tone.

Jason mouthed 'no' in the bushes.

Will shook his head. 'I've waited so long Nico, I'm not one to give up but you're really compelling me to do so.' Nico furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. 'What?'

The son of Apollo ran a hand through his hair and looked up, waiting for 2 beats.

'You know what?' he said softly while still looking up to the sky. 'Screw this.' 

  Quickly, Will ducked his head down and grabbed the back of Nico's neck, kissing him softly. Nico's eyes widened and a very undignified sound came out of Jason's mouth. Will took his other hand and held on firmly to Nico's waist, pulling him closer. Nico started to disappear into the shadows but Will broke apart first. He started glowing, 'Not this time Nico,' he mumbled as he pulled in the boy for another kiss.

Nico stopped melting into the darkness, he couldn't. The two boys were so close it didn't look like they were separate bodies. When they finally broke apart, they were both breathing heavily. Will grinned. Nico was flustered, he looked down at his suddenly very interesting shoes. Will cupped Nico's chin and tilted it up, 'See what happens when you don't run away, sunshine?' He said sweetly.

Nico just stared, Will pulled him into a hug and Nico reluctantly returned it.

Jason decided to jump up from the bushes right at that moment, yelling, 'YES! Finally!

He ran away screaming something about how Leo owed him $50. Nico and Will stared at the boy in shock then Will started laughing, Nico - still blushing - started to laugh too. And for a long time, they didn't stop.