EIGHTEEN

Wow! It's been a long time since I've written ... anyways, here's a one shot in the spirit of Halloween, where Nico recalls his first memory of The festival with Will.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Ah, Halloween. The festival of monsters, costumes and sugar rushes galore. The adrenaline rush of egging houses, pulling pranks and sneaking candy when no one was looking. So many reasons to love Halloween!

  And that's exactly why Nico hated it so much.

  Nico hated the stupid scary stories and the stupid jack o' lanterns and the stupidly scary costumes. Upon revealing this about himself on Hallow's eve to a certain young blond, Nico got a surprising response;

  "Is someone a little scared?" Will mocked him, cocking an eyebrow with a smile on his face. Nico, obviously, did not take this well.

  "No!" He barely managed to sputter out, "of course not, I just find it irrelevant and childish."

  Will smirked, fixing his bow tie in the mirror. Only stopping to look at Nico and say, "So you think it's frightening and you'd just as soon crawl into a drakon's den."

  Nico merely frowned, watching Will put on his red nose. "Come on, you big baby. Halloween is fun! It's barely even dark outside-"

  Nico glanced out the window, it was as dark as his soul (as Jason would probably say).

"-and you can have all the candy you want from me, okay?" Will grinned, coming over to Nico and tilting his chin up gently. "For me?" Nico sighed, looking into those big brown eyes was like melting into a puddle.

"Fine." Will let out a little scream of excitement and grabbed his pillowcase. Nico got up and fixed Will's clown makeup. Will grinned suddenly. Nico scowled at the boy's sudden happiness (you'd think he would have gotten used to it by now, but it still surprised him how Will managed to stay happy for so long).

  "You can't go without a costume!" Will said, excitement in his voice. Nico's eyes went wide, "No way, costumes freak me out. Once, I went up to a porch to get candy and a guy jumped out as a freaking SCARECROW and chased me around until I started to cry."

  Will pulled Nico close by the waist, "Well, I guess we'll have to compromise then." He leaned down and kissed Nico. Nico blushed as he pulled back. He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, "Uhm."

  Will grinned, pulling Nico to the mirror, his lips were tinted with the red from Will's clown mouth.

  Nico groaned, "Will I look ridiculous."

  Will's eyes twinkled, "You look fabulous!" Nico raised a brow, "And what do you expect me to say when people ask me what I'm supposed to be?" Will turned to open the door, hiding his face so Nico wouldn't see him silently laughing, "You're an Emo wearing your Mom's lipstick!"

  Nico almost smiled, he walked out the front door with Will behind him. "Now that," he said, "is scary."