(9) Heartbeat Communication

"Please Lex? It'll be fun!" Elle whines and flops back onto my bed, "Once the kids go to bed, we can talk and stuff."

You may be confused on the situation.
Here, let me enlighten you.

Two weeks have passed since the squadcation at the lake. Squadcation, get it? Squad plus vacation? No? Oh well, if Shakespeare was allowed to make up his own words, than so am I.

Anyways, it's been two weeks. They went by pretty quickly for the most part. Mason's been giving me the cold shoulder, Parker is sweet as ever, if not too sweet, and Jared is his usual teasing self. Elle? Well, I'd had against her until today.

Flash forward to the present.

"Please Lex? It'll be fun!" Elle whines and flops back onto my bed, "Once the kids go to bed, we can talk and stuff."

"Elle, I don't do babysitting. Or kids." I groan.

Kids are cute an all, and maybe in the future but right now? Let's just say I prefer not cleaning up after sticky handed children and I would rather not be changing diapers and making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches every two to three hours.

"Okay, it's one night. And we'll make money! Easily." Elle protests, "Plus I already told the lady we'd be there. It's not like I can just back out of it or anything."

"Ugh, god Elle." I sigh.

"Thanks Lex!" She throws her arms around my neck and I laugh.

Why must I let her drag me into things that often result in stupid decisions on my part?

I might as well start making a list of some sort.

Stupid decisions made because Elle dragged me into something:

1. Kissing Mason/Parker. I don't even know which one it was anymore. I mean, I know he told me his name was Mason, but the entire memory is distorted and Parker said it was him. I wish I wouldn't of.

2. Drank so much that night at the club because Elle kept giving me drinks. Maybe then I'd know if I practically molested her brother, or her brothers best friend, aka my worst nemesis, Boxer Boy.

3. Taking over her job for "fifteen minutes." Yeah right. Three hours later and a rough first impression with Mason. Enough said.
Despite that list, I love that girl to death. I can tell we'll be basically friends for life.

-

"Lexa, we're leaving!" Elle let's herself into my apartment while hollaring, "C'mon, if you apply your fracking mascara any slower not only will I age like ten years, but we might end up having to ride with that annoying family in the elevator again!"

I chuckle and grab my bag. I actually didn't even bother with mascara. My entire face is bare, makeup free, and I surprisingly am not even too bothered by it. It looks nice with my casual grey lounge tank top and sweatpants. Jokes aside, I refuse to be judged by children, and I know Elle doesn't care what I wear, so why dress up?

We live in a society where girls are told to wear makeup and dress nice for other people but I say, honestly, frack on that because if I want to wear a damn dress I will wear a damn dress for no one but myself.

Exactly four minutes and thirty seven seconds later, we're all set and ready to go. Physically, I feel fine, mentally and emotionally I'm completely not ready to deal with possibly screaming children tonight.

I follow Elle out of my apartment, carefully locking it behind me, unsure of when we'll be back, "Lexa!" Elle yells from the end of the hallway, "Hurry the hell up!"