(17) What Comes After

"Is Elle's new boyfriend coming? My goodness, I can hardly keep up with the lot of them." Louise says. I can just picture her warm smile on her face.

"His name is Adrien, and he is." I twist a strand of hair in between my fingers, "I'm sure your disappointed, now Box- I mean, Mason, just lost his shot with one of the only girls that can actually tolerate him for longer than ten minutes." I smirk, glancing in Mason's direction.

He flips me off and I respond with an eye roll.

"Hey Lexa." He pokes my leg.

I swat his hand, "What do you want?"  I cover the phone and whisper yell at him.

"It only takes me ten minutes." He winks. Jared bursts out laughing from his spot at the wheel.

Currently the three of us are on the way home from B-dubs, where we spent our final homecoming. You only live once, right?

I think a better motto would be yodo, because ultimately, you only die once, so better make the most of it before that happens.

Harsh? Nah.

As you can probably see, I talk to Louise quite frequently. Since I started watching Elodie a lot more, we've become friends, of sort.

She's a very sweet lady, I'm still not sure how she produced that thing over there people call Mason.

At least Elodie isn't turning out like him. I mentally knock on wood.

Just in case.

"Well, I've got to get going but it was nice talking to you again honey."

I smile, "You too Louise."

"Don't be a stranger dear, and take care of my baby." She hangs up the phone and I chuckle.

"What's so funny?" Mason pokes my leg.

I swat his hand away, "Nothing concerning you."

"Everything concerns me."

"Asshole."

"Alexis Anderson, foul language will not be tolerated in my car." Jared points a finger at me.

I roll my eyes, "Fuck you."

"When and where?" Jared winks.

Can he not.

-

"Finally." I sigh, seeing Elle walk into the large entrance to the resort.

Mason, Jared, and I have been sitting here for at least two and a half hours, because apparently you can only get into your booked room if you're with the person who booked it.

Parker's been a no show. I wish I knew where he went, if I could just talk to him. If I could just explain that it's not what it looks like. I miss him.

Funny how we forget the little things in life that can make us happy. Parker is one of those things.

"There was traffic." Elle laughs and links her fingers with Adrien's, "Guys, meet Adrien."