(22) Shut Up and Kiss Me

"Just so you know." Mason looks into my eyes, that have just barely awakened, "This is not an all-time thing."

I open my eyes groggily and look towards the direction of his voice as he lays on the scratchy carpet of the ground, a tiny blanket barely covering up to his torso wrapped around his legs.

I chuckle, "I could get used to it. It's warm up here."

He picks up my note, "You're adorable. You thought I'd actually fall for that."

"Why wouldn't you?"

"Because I'm smart. But if I did, I bet I'd come into your room slowly. You'd be staring at me unable to keep your eyes off my glorious body."

"Would I?" I chuckle, "I don't think so. I think your fantasies are quite one sided."

"I'd walk up to you, sink into the bed." He smirks and moves closer, sitting next to me.

I glance at him.

"You'd be nervous. Your hands would get sweaty and you'd feel my breathe on your neck."

He stares into his eyes and moves between my legs, supporting himself by his elbows over the blanket between us.

I gulp, silently, staring up at the amazing guy before me.

It's almost comical to think this is the same Mason I met in Hot Topic during what seems like a million years ago.

His blue eyes bare into mine and he bites his lip, smirking.

Alright. I can play that game too.

I yawn, "I'm pretty tired. And quite pissed that you came in here and woke me. I didn't even have a measly three hours to contour my entire face and find the perfect stilettos to make myself superficial for your presence."

"You don't need any of that bullshit."

"I know. I wake up ten times hotter than the sun."

"But you aren't from Tennessee. Guess I'm the only ten I see."

"Wow." I gasp, "I'm seriously offended."

"Good. You should be. Nothing can compete with my amazing looks."

I roll my eyes.

"In your case." He continues, "It's a special case. See, no one can compete, but with you," He pecks my forehead, "It's not even a competition, you've blown me out of the water."

"Funny, I don't remember blowing you." I laugh.

"Shut up, that was supposed to be one of those cute ass moments girls rant on to their friends about for hours on end."

"I'm pretty sure I would've remembered blowing something that small."

"Alright now you're just pushing me."

"Am I? Pretty sure I'd remember that too." I smirk now.

"Teasing isn't nice, Alexis."

"Shut up, Mason."

"Oh, nice insult. I'm impressed. I wish I was you."

"I bet you do."

"Then I'd get to fuck myself, so naturally of course I'd want to be you."

"Who said anything about that?"

"Well, I don't know if you are aware of this, but a girl named Lexa left a very inappropriate note outside of my room yesterday."

"Oh, did she? I bet you were so offended by it."

"I was very. I came right to her room, but unfortunately she was sleeping, so all I could do was cuddle her. I didn't ask for consent, but I'm pretty sure she liked it."

"Damn, sounds like your pretty into her."

"Oh yeah, I think I might have to leave you for her. I'm falling pretty bad."

"Are you?"

"I am."

"I bet I'm your lockscreen and everything."

He gulps.

"Wait, seriously? That's how Elodie saw it, let me see."

He blushes, "It was from the resort. You looked fricking adorable. Fuck, I sound creepy as fuck."

"Shh," I brush his hair back, laughing lightly, "You sound cute."

"I'm not cute. I'm intimidating. I had you shaking in fear that day."

"Oh, of course. I was just a poor girl trying to run a job she wasn't even signed up for."

"Correct. And it was all your fault, you assumed the wrong sizes. See, if you want to have a good paying job as a sales associate, you probably should work on that a bit. Just a suggestion."

"Oh, but I wasn't assuming. They always say, the size of the personality is equivalent to the size of something else."

"Hey Lex."

"Yeah?"

"I've had a very uncomfortable boner for the past thirty five minutes."

I laugh, "Oh, poor baby. Do I need to kiss it better?"

"Actually yes, I think that would help quite a bit."

"Shut the frack up and kiss me." I chuckle, pulling his head down towards mine.

My arms go around his neck, his hands tangle in my hair as I let him kiss me harder. My hands wander down his back and he presses his chest closer to mine, "Lex, you're perfect." He groans.

I smile, pulling away, as he peppers small kisses along my chin and jawline.

I chuckle.

"I wasn't joking. What's so funny?"

"It's just, I have serious bedhead right now, haven't brushed my teeth, and WAIT, look at these cool pajamas I found." I laugh and pull the covers down.

His face breaks out into a smile, "I do like them quite a bit."

I leak my head up to kiss him again. He reaches down, his hand hovering over the zipper of the pajamas.

I glance at him, and nod.

He tugs it down with one hand, and holds his other framing my face.

I look down, as the zipper gets lower and the top of my boring black bra appears. I bite my lip.

He looks deeply into my eyes. Not breaking eye contact, I see his hand move upwards, dragging the zipper back up with his hand.

My mouth forms into an O.

"Not today, baby. It's okay."

Now I'm the one smiling.

AUTHORS NOTE
89K OH MY! I'm loving all the pms, comments and fan art coming in lately. If you've sent some and I haven't replied, pm me and il get back to you tomorrow!

COMMENT OF LAST CHAPTER
this isn't really about my book but it's cute so I have to. Via message board dreamser writes "my favorite author of all time besides john green ahhh" 

anyways ily all

QUESTIONS
Have your opinions on who Alexa should end up with changed from the beginning of the book to the end?

SOCIAL MEDIA
kik / tinylighthearted
insta / @prollywriting
email / tinylighthearted@gmail.com