(31) The Way You Deserve To Be Loved

"Who're you texting?" Elle leans over to look at my phone.

"Remember the guy from the theater? I ask, popping my gum in my mouth, "Him."

"But you're dating Mason."

"And it's illegal to have guy friends while having and maintaining a steady relationship?" I raise an eyebrow.

She shakes her head, "Mason first."

"Mason is aware not all my friends have the same parts as me. We're just friends, E."

"Maybe I should've set myself up with this guy, instead of you."

I chuckle, "Maybe."

"What was his name again?"

"Myles. He's really funny, actually."

"That's good. It's good to have guy friends as long as you have obvious boundaries. Actually, you don't really have to worry about that, I'm pretty sure Mason would throw the first punch at any guy that attempted to make a move on you."

I nod, "True. He wants to know if I want to go out to eat and hangout sometime."

Elle shrugs, "Why not? Does he know about Mase?"

I have a boyfriend. I type out, tapping send.

I chuckle as I see his response.

Aly, Aly, Aly, we're just friends I thought? Or are you trying to get in my pants now? Cuz if so, I wouldn't mind too much.

Elle rolls her eyes.

"Hey E?"

"Yeah?"

"How's Parker doing? I haven't talked to him much since the hospital. He said he's accepted me and Mason..but honestly I don't know."

"Well, he's definitely hurt, Lex. I think he really cared about you and you didn't pick him. I know that's not your fault but he needs time."

"I miss him." I mumble, "I didn't know not choosing him would mean I'd never be able to see or be friends with him again."

"You probably will be friends again, it would be too hard not to be, but Lexa he really liked you. It's going to take a while for him accepting these new limits. He'll catch on fast though, Mason would probably beat him up if he went past them."

I laugh, "Probably."

"I'll ask Myles if he wants to hang out with all of us."

"That's a good idea." Elle smiles, "When does he want to do something?"

"He said next weekend is the only weekend he's available for a while."

Elle shrugs, "That's fine, we'll be starting Christmas break that weekend."

"I'm going to go call Mase quick." I say, and walk into the small living room.

He picks up on the fifth ring.

Jeez, I should break up with his sorry ass. Not answering until the fifth ring. Who does he think he is? Jokes aside, I respond in an amused sort of tone.

"Hello Mason." I smirk into the phone, twirling my hair in my fingers on one hand, clutching my phone in the other.

"Lex." He greets me, "I miss you."

"It's been three day's since I've seen you." I chuckle, "How are you?"

"Stressed. Sex deprived."

I blush, "Well, can't help you on the latter, but as for the first one, what are you stressed about?"

"Well, for starters, an eighteen year old should not have to plan his mother's funeral. And manage to take care of a four year old at the same time, as well as school and homework and life. I'm not going to lie, it's hard. I don't know what to do anymore."