(15) Confessions

"The reservations are booked, after the dance on Saturday we can go right there and stay for a few nights." Elle grins, checking the final boxes in her notebook.

"Do you think you'll get asked this week?" I smile.

"Hmm." Elle twirls her hair, "Pretty sure."

I smile to myself and pull out my phone, quickly moving my thumbs over the keyboard and sending a quick text to Jared.

"Hey E, let's go to the park."

She raises an eyebrow, "Why do you want to go to the park?"

I shrug, "I don't know."

"Well, I have to stop somewhere quick and then we can go. You're coming right?"

I nod, reaching down with one hand into my pocket to check my phone again. Funny, he usually answers right away.

Turning, I grab my bag and walk with Elle from the apartments to the car.

My phone buzzes.

I swear it's in my hand and I'm opening the message within two seconds of the vibration. What can I say? I'm a teenager.

Parker: Can we meet somewhere and talk?

I smile to myself and type out a reply, "Elle, where are we going?"

"Stopping at the mall quick. Not for work, I just need to talk to someone quickly."

I raise an eyebrow.

"I'll tell you after." She says and I nod, curiously.

Alexa: meet at the mall in ten?

Parker: see you then

Ten minutes later we're pulling into the parking lot. The whole time Elle is smiling away. Did someone put something in her drink this morning or what?

I shake my head, it's probably just my usual pessimistic outlook on life acting up again.

We walk up to the large doors, "Hey!" I smile seeing Parker sitting over in the corner of the food court. He looks adorable as usual, today in light brown khaki shorts and a Nike sweatshirt.

"What's up?" I smile and pull out the seat across from him.

"So." He grins at me, "Homecoming is coming up."

Oh god.

And for once I thought I could get through the day without fear of my heart jumping out of my freaking chest.

"It is." I agree, "Have you asked anyone yet?"

"No. I'm planning on it though."

I hide a smile, "Who were you thinking of asking?"

"I wonder." His eyes twinkle, "I just wanted to make sure she wasn't planning on saying yes to anyone else so I don't look like a dumbass when I ask."

I chuckle, "I don't think that'll be a problem."

"Good." His knee bumps into mine and I blush, looking down.