The Dare- Marcel Styles Fanfic

Chapter 1

Marcel’s POV

Friday— is another school day. I got in my usual attire: white long sleeves, vest, slacks, leather shoes, I got my hair gelled up and my large glasses. I got my books and went off to school. I arrived a bit early so I went to my locker to get my other books— until the bell rang.

*Science class

First class is Science class. I like Science coz I’ve been always curios on how or what to make some extraordinary experiments. I sit on the corner back. Just then, Mr. Lyndon arrived and brought an unfamiliar girl.

“Okay class, this is Sydney Montez. She’s from Australia and she’s new to this school so hopefully you would get along.” He says as we all stare at the girl.

She’s so beautiful with the fair skin, pinkish cheeks, red lips and wavy brunette hair. She gave out a shy smile and she searched for a chair. She came to the chair beside me. A GIRL just sat beside me. There are 2 more vacant chairs though. One chair beside the popular girls and one chair beside the jocks but still she sat beside ME.

“Hello,” she said softly to me.

“H-Hey,” I said and fixed my glasses.

As I continue copying the writings on the board, I dropped my book I borrowed from the library. I was about to pick it up until Sydney picked it up for me.

“Here,” she says handing out my book. I will never return this book ever again! Ooops kidding!

“Thanks,” I say as we both continue writing.

Right now, I guess I’m really blushing!!!

*Lunch time!!!

As usual, I sat on the corner table of the cafeteria and ate my lunch alone. I got my books and my lunch on the table until someone tapped my shoulder. At first I thought it was the creepy jocks who would bully me again but instead, I see a beautiful angel known as Sydney. What did I just say??

“Mind if I sit with you?” she says holding her lunch tray.

“S-Sure,” I say fixing my glasses.

Right now, we ate silently since I was too shy to start a conversation. Work on it Marcel! I girl just ate with you! Don’t lose this opportunity you fool!

“Uhm—”

“What’s that book you borrowed?” she said cutting me off.

“Oh, it’s a Greek mythology book. You know the adventures of—“

“You mean ‘The adventures of Ulysses’? Didn’t you know he just encountered an enchantress and she wanted him to be her husband for the next thousand years? That book kept me curious every after every page.” She said which left me jaw dropped.

“Uhm, I honestly haven’t read that chapter yet so—”

“Ooh! Sorry! Thrill sabotage.” She says wrinkling her nose.

“No, it’s okay. I’m close to it anyway.” I say smiling.

“Oh, well, you’ll get there.” She says smiling.

We were having a nice time chatting while eating our lunch until Josh and the jocks came, the team who bullies me everytime.

“Oh look! It’s Sydney Montez! Babe, why are you eating with this nerd? You should be eating with US!” Josh says as I looked down knowing Sydney would leave me like other girls did.

“Oh, I’m sorry, but I’m still eating with my friend right now. I don’t want to be rude but I think you should go. You’re currently disturbing us.” Sydney says as I looked at her in wide eyes.

“Oh really, what are you talking about babe?” Josh says.

“First, don’t call me babe. I hardly even know you. Now, we were talking about this book he borrowed. It’s actually Greek mythology.”

“Greek mythology? I know everything about it!”

“Oh really, who is the Goddess of love in this book?”

“I—it’s Uhm—”

“It’s Goddess Aphrodite. Since you didn’t answer the question, I guess we have no more to discuss about. Bye.”

“You’re lucky for now nerd!” Josh points at me as he and his team went off.

I can’t believe a girl just did that to Josh! His team mates never even get the guts to ask him a question! I just looked at Sydney in wide eyes.

“What? You never heard of a girl talking back to a big guy?” she jokes as she closed my half-opened mouth.

“Well, that was very brave of you.” I said straightly. Yeah! No more stuttering!

“Well, I just hate seeing people get bullied. Especially when the bully is not worth praising for and the bullied victim is my friend.” She says as I began to sweat.

“I-I’m y-your f-friend?” I stuttered—again.

“Of course, why shouldn’t you be friends with me?” she says scooping up her yoghurt to her mouth.

“Nothing it’s just that, you’re the first person in this school to ever be friends with me. People just see me as the nerd of the school.” I say looking down.

“Oh, well, don’t worry. I’m your friend now.” She says finishing her yoghurt.

I looked up at her and we both smiled. We both finished up our lunch and got ready for class.