Chapter 3

Marcel’s POV

I just had a great time with Sydney! She’s an amazing girl! I got my contacts, new clothes and new me. I looked at myself on the mirror and hardly even remember myself. Sydney took us to the carnival since its part of her plan. We walked around and I just realized we’re holding hands. I looked at her smiling. I could stare at her all night long. I enjoyed my view of her until a person from the carnival bumped in to us.

“Ma’am, Sir! Would you like to try this unique dart game?” a guy in a clown hat smiles at us.

I looked at Sydney as she smiles at me and nodded. So I nodded. Who could ever resist her?

“Okay, how’d you play it?” I say.

“It’s simple actually. See that board,” he says pointing out on a board filled with balloons. “A lot of balloon is pasted there and you have to dart different balloons. Some of the balloons are hiding papers which contain the name of your prize. So, are you up for it?” he says.

I don’t really play dart but when I saw Sydney staring at a green teddy bear, I nodded to play the game.

#I’ve got 3 darts on the game.

*1st dart—right on a pink balloon.

*no paper inside

*2nd dart—right on blue balloon.

*One paper inside YES!

*3rd dart—right on the green balloon.

*another paper inside!!

“Yeah Marcel!!!” Sydney squeaked as she kissed my cheek.

“Okay sir! You’ve got 2 papers which means, you’ve got 2 prizes! 1st prize, a bottle of bubbles!” the game maker said handing out the bottle of bubbles “2nd prize, free choose! Pick one and keep it.”

“Give her the green teddy bear.” I say.

“Okay, a lovely teddy for a lovely lady! What a cute couple are you!” he says smiling.

“Oh no, we’re not a couple.” I say as Sydney looked down.

“Oh, I’m sorry for the mistake. I really thought you were one.” He says.

“No, it’s okay.” I say as we walked on.

I just noticed that Sydney’s quiet. Is she frowning?!

“Sydney, are you okay?” I say wrapping one arm around her shoulder.

“Uhm—yeah, I was just thinking—”

She paused as I looked at her in the eye.

“W-Why won’t we try the picture booth?” she says as she grabbed my wrist and we went inside the photo booth.

Almost all of the pictures are wacky until she pulled me close to her and kissed my cheek.

“Aw! What a cute couple!” the old lady with the printed photos handed out our pictures.

“Oh no, you’re mistaken. We’re not a couple but we look like one.” Sydney giggles as the lady laughs.

“Aw, well son, you should court this young lady sooner before somebody else gets her.” She says.

“Believe me, I will.” I say.

What the heck did I just say?! I will be courting Sydney Montez?! IMPOSSIBRU!!! After I said that heck of a line, Sydney actually blushed and pressed the teddy bear to her chest. I looked at her and blushed. I began to sweat. Heck. Later on, we went off to my house.

“Thanks for the plans Sydney.” I say as she smiled at me.

“Its fine, I love to spend time with you. People who don’t like you are missing all the fun.” She says as I blush.

We both went off to her house and found her siblings carrying all their bags and opening the door.

“Andrew! Mandy!” Sydney called out to her siblings.

Her sister saw her and ran up to her to a big hug.

“Ducky, I miss you!” her sister says as they both giggled.

“Who’s this?” her brother pointed at me which made me sweat.

“Guys, let’s go in first to have dinner.” Sydney says as her sister furrows her eyebrows at me.

“Well, come in.”

We both got in their house and we all sat down on the couch.

“Andrew, Mandy, this is Marcel—my best friend.”

“Who are you and what have you done to my sister?” Andrew says pointing at me.

“Andrew! I didn’t do that to Samantha you know!” Sydney whispers. I guess Samantha is Andrew’s girl.

“Yes Andrew, manners.” Mandy added.

“Okay, listen to me bro, try to hurt or make my sister cry, I’ll hurt you 10 times worse. Got that?” he says as I sweat.

Sydney and Mandy giggled as they stood up.

“Hey, he’s not my boyfriend okay?” Sydney giggled.

“Up for dinner!” Mandy says as we all got up for dinner.

We ate our dinner and chit-chat. Mandy and Andrew finally learned to like me. Later on, it’s already 9:47 p.m.

“Uhm, I need to go.” I say as they all stood up.

“Okay, keep safe Marcel.” Mandy said as she patted my head.

“I will.” I say.

“It was nice to meet you bro.” Andrew said as he playfully slapped my shoulder.

“It was nice to meet you too.” I say as Sydney went closer to touch my cheeks.

“Be careful out there. Bye.” She says leaving me all blushing.

“Bye.”

I got in my car and they waved goodbye to me.