Chapter 6

Sydney’s POV

Day after day, Marcel and I spent a lot of time together. It’s like every day with him, I fall for him. Whoa what a drama.

*Night of the prom—here comes the DIVAA!!

I got in my dress. It’s a long fitting azure colored silky tube dress. I got in my silver high heels and left my hair down. I didn’t wore make up coz I’m actually allergic to them but Mandy and Andrew says I look fine since I have red lips and pinkish cheeks. Marcel drove to my house waiting for me. I went down to see him in a black and white tuxedo and did his hair up but still exposing his curls. He looks so handsome. We bid my siblings goodbye and went off to the venue. We started the program and ate. Now, before the program would end, the dance took over. But, Marcel said he’ll be just outside in a while and come back immediately. I waited for him.

Marcel’s POV

I went outside to meet Josh and the jocks. Josh smirks at me as I came closer to him.

“Dude, you need to break her heart tonight.” Josh say as I shook my head in disapproval.

“Josh, I know I agreed with the dare but I love her. I can’t do that to Sydney. I won’t do it.” I say as they furrow their eyebrows.

“What, you agreed bro! You want to be popular right?” he said.

“If being popular is to lose the person that I love so much, then I would go for being a loser again.” I said confidently.

“Look,” Josh says looking furious “If you’re not going to do it, I’ll do it.” He said as they all ran inside.

I immediately ran inside to find Sydney.

Sydney’s POV

It’s already 12 minutes but Marcel still hasn’t come back until he ran up to me panting

“Babe let’s go.” He said gripping my wrist.

“Why, what’s wrong?” I said.

“Just trust me, let’s go.” He said.

Just then, Josh from the jocks just came up on the stage as the music turned off. He went to the microphone stand and started to talk.

“Josh no!” Marcel shouted as I stared at Josh curiously “Come on babe let’s go.”

Marcel gripped my wrist tightly but I still stood there curios on what Josh would say.

“Hi friends, I just wanted to tell a very short story to you, a real one.” Josh starts.

“Babe, come on.” Marcel said but I stood still.

“You remember Marcel Styles? The one who we used to call the school nerd? Well, he’s not that nerd anymore. He transformed into a fully new human. You see him there?” he said pointing at Marcel “There, he’s Marcel. One day, we asked him if he would like to join the popular squad and he said yes. We dared him that he should break a girl’s heart and he agreed. How unfortunate for the girl isn’t it? There, the girl he’s with now is the girl he’s playing with. The funny thing here is she actually thought that Marcel loved her! That’s all.”Josh finished as I froze.

As soon as Josh went down from the stage, people stared at me. I felt tears falling from my eyes. I looked at the people around me. I’m embarrassed and mostly—heartbroken.

“Is that true? This is all just a dare?” I say not bothering to look at Marcel.

“I-I’m sorry babe—” he said pulling me to a hug but I didn’t let him do that.

“Don’t call me babe!” I said as I ran away.

I ran away and all eyes are on me and all I hear are murmurs.

“Sydney! Please, just let me explain!” I hear Marcel from behind but I kept on running.

I got in a taxi and went home crying. I arrived inside the house and Andrew and Mandy sees me crying.

“What’s wrong Sydney?!” they said but I ran upstairs locking the door and I ripped the dress I’m wearing from the length to my ankle to the length above my knees. I lied down on my bed and cried. Mandy and Andrew banged on the door and kept on talking.

“Sydney! Open the door!” Andrew said.

“Come one let’s talk about it!” Mandy added.

“Leave me alone!” I shout and continued to cry.

Marcel didn’t love me. I thought he did. Then I realized it was all just a dare. I want to go back to Australia. I don’t have friends here—anymore. I miss my best friend in Australia. I miss Luke. My best friend Luke is the only one who understands my situations. He’s my childhood best friend. I hate this place. I hate Marcel. I’m done.