Chapter 4

Marcel’s POV

*IT’S ANOTHER MANIC MONDAAAAAAAAY!!!

This morning I decided to follow Sydney’s advice on my looks. I wore a ¾ folded blue long sleeves, dark blue skinny jeans and white converse. I left my hair undone to expose my curls. I wore my contacts and my new white watch. I looked at myself at the mirror shockingly. I hardly remember myself last time. Now, it’s already 7:23, I got in my car and drove off to school. When I walked out and to the hallway, people actually stared at me. I saw Sydney in front of her locker. I was about to walk up to her until the jocks came in front of me.

“Hey, is this Marcel?! Dude, what happened?!” Josh said as they looked at me smirking.

“Well, it’s just a small change.” I say.

“What a change!” he says as they went off.

Finally, here I go Sydney!

“Hey, you’re Marcel right? I’m Chloe.” A thin blond girl came up to me and I could really see the lust in her eyes.

“Oh, hey, Uhm, I need to go right now.” I say walking away until she pulled me.

“Oh come on, I’m just being friendly. I can be your first friend.” She says.

“Oh, sorry, I’ve got my first friend already.” I reply.

“Can I be your second friend?” she said battering her eyes.

“I need to go.” I hurried up.

“I’ll see you later at lunch.” She says as she blew a kiss to me.

I walked up quickly to Sydney and she turned around in wide eyes.

“Whoa, you really kept that look!” she says holding her books to her chest.

“Yeah, it’s cool though. I’m finally gaining attention.” I say as she wrinkles her nose.

“That’s great news! You can gain new friends too!” she says.

I don’t want any new friends. I can have new but all I want to be with is Sydney. These past few days, I met her siblings, she stayed at my house once and I—I guess I’m falling for her.

*annoying school bell—moment sabotage

“Ooops, better go to class!” Sydney snapped me out of my thoughts.

“Oh, Uhm, what’s your first class?” I ask.

“It’s History class. How about you?” she says.

“Oh, we’re not in the same class. I’m on my Math.” I say.

“Well, no worries. See you later at lunch. Bye!” she says waving at me from a distance.

“Bye.”

#GetRidOfTheSchoolBell

*class

*PHYSICAL FITNESS class

We all got in the gym to play dodge ball. Sydney was there coz we have the same schedule of Physical Fitness class. She’s one of the captains of the dodge ball teams. Sydney and Josh Rudner of the jocks were the chosen captains to choose their own teams.

“Malik,” Josh starts picking up his team.

“Payne,”

“Fulton,”

“Dalton,”

No fair!! He’s got the best players for his team!! There’s no one left for Sydney.