Chapter 10

"NO!" I screamed at the TV screen in front of me. "It can't be!"

Will rushed back into the room while hanging up the phone. He yanked me away from the TV screen and stared at me with worries eyes.

"Alexis what's wrong?" Will asked.

I pointed at the TV screen but it was too late the news report was already gone. Taking the only evidence that he really existed with it. I was angry, sad and hurt at the same time. It took me several minutes to reply to Will.

"They took him," I cried. "They took him away from us!"

Will looked at me with a confused expression. I watched as he tried to figure out what I meant but he couldn't.

"Alexis you need to calm down, who took who?"

"The Assassins! They took Jared!" I yelled.

Will let go of me and he dropped to the ground. I could see the sadness in his eyes, sadness mixed with anger. Jared was supposed to re-join us today, he could to ally go back to work as it has been six weeks since he was shot. I could feel Will's pain, I knew how much it hurt to lose someone you care about. I wrapped my arms around Will's shoulders. He sobbed quietly. I was surprised at the way he acted, I have never seen him act this way. I was surprised that Will didn't handle the news better than this because he was a cop and he was supposed to be stronger than me.

"They're going to fucking pay!" Will yelled. "I know where they are!"

"Then what are we waiting for?" I demanded. "They took the people we care about."

I let go of Will and jumped to my feet while grabbing my bag from the ground. Will stayed on the ground and confined to sob this eventually made me angry with him. I grabbed his shirt and yanked him to his feet.

"Calm down!" I instructed. "You're supposed to be stronger than this."

Will took a deep breath. "You're right. I need to tell you something as well."

"What?" I asked.

"The Assassins have your friends," Will replied.

I took a deep breath while clenching my hands into fists. "They're going down!"

We stormed out of the little house that overlooked the ocean. Will took me here believing that it was the safest place to keep me until The Assassins were taken care of but now it seemed as if they would never give up. They'll always be taking the people I care about away, everyone that gets close to me is not safe. It started with my mother but who will end all of this? who will be the last person that they take? I shook my head, I couldn't let them take any one else.

Will drove as fast as he could along the highway, weaving through the cars if he could. I only realised the second we led the Gold Coast that there was a chance that The Assassins weren't even going to give up the fight they started. But what could they possibly want from me?

"Where are we going?" I asked trying to get myself focused

"Brisbane," Will replied.

" I can't wait that long will get there too late," I groaned.

"Believe me any minute could be too late when your cop but being who I am helps you be calm in these situations," Will replied.

"Can't you drive faster?"

"I've got to keep the speed reasonable."

"You're a cop and you're worried about driving at the right speed limit. Can't you put your siren and lights on?"