Chapter 4 - Deadly Dreams

This chapter is sooo dark omg ! enjoy!

Ava's POV

~

My eyes met with the bright, full moon that was in the starry night sky as I was awoken. I took in my surroundings around me. I was on the dirty, forest floor. I stood myself up, and began walking in the dark.

"Where am I?" I thought confused. I couldn't see nothing from not even feet away from myself whatsoever.

It was just pitch black.

I had nothing. Only the old clothes on my back and my bow n arrow. No flashlight to shine my way through.

"Ava?" a voice called out. The familiar voice of my beloved Mom immediately came to my mind. I turned around, and saw there was no one there.

"Mom?...Mom?!?" I yelled out into the unfamiliar, silent atmosphere that I was in.

I heard nothing, only the sound of the chilly wind that blew against my fragile skin.

"She's gone." A voice said sternly. Then, A loud, painful scream from my Mom, making me jump. The feeling of thin metal slicing through delicate skin and into fresh flesh, made me cringe.

"Mom?! Where are you?" I screamed , looking back and fourth in the darkness as I spun in circles. My eyes attempted to adjust to the darkness, but only to be met with a figure.

Completely pitch black.

No eyes, No mouth, No features at all.

Only the foggy smoke that surrounded it, giving no detail of the shape. Just a cloud of darkness and death, ready to come at me.

I stared at it, watching it move effortlessly through the air. Destroying everything in it's way like it didn't matter.

Crushing and smashing the trees in half. Hearing the crinkles of the bark breaking, being torn from the stumps, making me take a big gulp.

I saw it. Coming at me. I huddled on the floor, curling myself up in a ball, hoping it would let me escape.

The loud voices echoed in my ears, making me plead for it to stop.

Voices, getting louder, and louder. Making me clench my ears.

"Stop... Please" I whimpered. Warm tears streaming down my face like a waterfall.

"It's too late now." It whispered. Making my heart shatter, and my body freeze. Closing my eyes, waiting for the pain to come as the deadly smoke took over.

~

I woke up, gasping for air to fill my lungs as my body shook in shock. My body was drenched in sweat. Feeling my forehead, I realized I was burning up quickly.

Closing my eyes, taking a deep breath, I cried as I began to rub my temples. The horrific images flashed through my mind. Over and over again, making my body cringe.

Feeling the tears form in my eyes, I closed them. Letting the warm, salty tears stream down my face as I attempted to calm myself down. Taking the back of my hand, I wiped away the tears that managed to fall down my face.

"I knew it was only a dream."

"I knew those events weren't real."