Chapter 9 - I'm Sorry

Hey Fam!

Yay new update! This is honestly ones of my favorite chapters yet.

Warning - feels will be real 😉 lots of #Cava😏😏 I MEAN LIKE A LOT OML I CANT EVEN

Enjoy!💕

~

Suddenly, I feel a large, heavy weight being forced harshly onto my back, making me fall over. My precious bow, slipping out of my hand and out of arms reach. Turning over, I extended my arms holding up the neck of a walker that was just inches away from taking a fresh bite out of my neck.

I felt my arms getting weaker at the second as they began to shake uncontrollably. If I'd let go, I knew I would be a goner. I'd turn into one of the dead...

"Turn you head!" Carl shouted. I took in his words and turned my head to the right. I heard a single bullet go through the head of the Walker that was on top of me. Red Blood, spattered onto my face and my flannel in the process of it.

Using the rest of my arm strength. I pushed the Walker off to the side, only to see a worried Carl come to my side immediately.

"Ava! Are you okay?" He said crouching down on the floor with me. Carl then put his gun back into the holster that laid on his waist. He pulled my upper body up so I was sitting up, still keeping his hand on my back.

"It's okay... I'm fine." I whispered to Carl as I took a deep breath to help calm myself in a mere of a few seconds. I grabbed my bow from the side with one hand, and stood myself up quickly with the other, getting slightly dizzy.

"We gotta go! The whole ceiling is going to collapse." I nodded as I ran behind him, following him in his tracks as I realized Bob was still trapped underneath the shelves.

"Carl. Wait!" I pleaded gripping his arm, making him turn around to face me.

"Bob, he's still trapped!" I whimpered to the teenage boy in front of me. He thought for a moment.

"Okay... Let's go!" Carl nodded, turning around as he ran back to the aisle, while I began to follow in his footsteps again.

Grabbing an arrow from my quiver, as I gripped my bow, I began to shoot walkers that were in the surrounding area that Bob was at.

"Go! I'll cover you!" I yelled at Carl. He turned back to me, giving me a fearful look as he was unsure of the idea I had thought of.

"GO!" I screamed at him as I continued to shoot the walkers. Hearing his footsteps run, I knew he has sadly agreed to my statement.

Scanning the area quickly, I ran to go help. Then falling on to my knees with a thud, I hissed through the pain as I knew two bruises were already forming.

"We're gonna get you outta here, Bob!" I said to him I attempted to stay calm to make him feel better. But sadly, I never felt calm. There was always something that made the good flush away.

"Help me with this!" Carl exclaimed, griping the wooden shelf that caged Bob. I sighed, pushing myself up as I gripped the broken wood.

Suddenly, I noticed Daryl and Zack were by our  sides in just seconds. The two helped us lift it up until Bob was able to free himself.