Chapter 7 - Breakaway

Oooo next chapter!😉 you finally get to see who got Ava. The moment we've all been waiting for...Longest chapter yet! Enjoy!

~

There I stood.

In the dirty, bathroom shower stall.

With an unfamiliar person that held his or her hand tightly against my delicate skin and chapped lips. Making me unable to let a single word slip through the opening.

It was almost as if their sharp finger nails were digging through the fresh skin and flesh of my body, causing irritation and horrible pain to be sent through rapidly.

I always knew where to go.

I always knew how to handle it.

But I didn't know how to stop it...

Due to the fact of me being by myself with someone in a closed area.. Where voices couldn't be heard, nor found. My precious dagger, feet away as it laid still on the cement floor.

I kept jerking my body with such dismay to try to release myself. Kicking my legs rapidly and using all my muscular strength to pull down the arms that lifted my body up as they resisted gravity .

Then it felt as if the body had just disappeared into thin air, making me fall forward onto the cement. Pushing my arms forward I caught myself from the strong impact. My eyes met with my precious dagger as I slid onto the floor and gripped it tightly. Pushing myself back up, I turned around quickly as I prepared for the madness to come.

But there was No one...

It was just me...alone.

I knew I was losing my mind...

~

Pushing the thick doors that once held prisoners captive, I walked onto the gravel trail that eventually led to a small picnic area outside in the fence area.

Children played soccer games in the grassy field area as the adults sat at tables while they ate breakfast and had lively conversations with each other.

I didn't seem to know all of them of course, but I knew most of the group already. Some of the eyed me as I walked up to Daryl and another woman , but I pretended I didn't even see them in the first place.

I made my way up to Daryl and saw him cooking the sizzling bacon on the fiery grill, while the woman that had short grey hair helped Daryl.

I decided to finally speak up.

"Good morning!" I said with a slight smile and the lady gave me one in return.

"I don't believe we've met yet, I'm Carol..." She said extended her hand out as I shook it with joy.

"I'm Ava..." I said while releasing my grip and holding my hands together loosely. Then Carol went off to go eat her meal.

"Is that-"

"Yes, it's bacon... I'm guessing you haven't had any meat in a long time. We get the meat from the pigs we have." Daryl trailed off his words as he continued to flip the strips of bacon on the grill.

"Yeah I haven't... Living off of old, canned soup and nuts isn't the tastiest thing to have all the time for almost four months. Daryl stared at me in shock as if he was surprised I survived for a long period of time.