Chapter 5 - You Really Think So?

I finally updated!!! Yay😜 this one is bit longer btw...idk what this chapter is 😂😂

~

Long, green grass surrounded me that gave me such delight. The fresh scent of the grass gave me such bliss that evolved my body. I sat on the grassy field that was at the prison. Or shall I say my new home with new people...

I scanned the small area around me as I saw Carl, showing joy in his face. But was a bit sweaty as I noticed he had a shovel in his hands from garden work. He was also talking to another taller, teenage boy around the same age. He had short, chocolate brown hair with black, round glasses that fitted his face shape perfectly. Carl didn't seem to notice me, but I started sorta ignoring Carl after the incident that happened last night.

My nightmare...

"Hey there!" I turned to my left to see a familiar blonde girl heading her way towards me with a huge grin with much prosperity on her face.

Beth

"Hello Beth!" I said. Even though I met Beth this morning, I feel like I've known her forever. The conversations we had was something I've never had in a very long time. I feel like she gets me. Beth's been there, done that. It almost feels like she's an older sister to me.

"So.... What are you doing here all by yourself?" She asked, placing her delicate hands onto her hips, popping her hip to the side while she looked around.

"Well, nothing really....I've always been alone, so..." I mumbled. I heard Beth sigh as she crouched down and sat down to get eye level with me.

"I'm sorry..." She whispered, laying her hands onto my shoulders for the sake of my own comfort. Coming to closer to me, then wrapping her arms around me as her contagious delectation spread over me. Eventually, releasing my tight grip around her, I let go.

I looked down at my fingers as they played with the thick laces that held my worn out boot together. Taking a deep breath I began to speak again.

"Don't be... Really, don't..." I said while staring into her blue orbs full of sadness from her mistake. And confusion from the words that spilled out of my mouth vigorously.

"But -" I cut Beth off in the middle of her sentence.

"It's normal for me to be alone...After a while, you get used to it." I said avoiding any more conversations related to myself. All of this gave me a heartache. I didn't really like bringing up my past, it brought back memories I think would've never happened in a century.

Beth sighed once again as she inspected the floor that held both of us on the earth. A pure white flower that was bloomed from the ground, was in Beth's sight. She grabbed the stem of it to tug it out of the ground, pulling the roots with it.

She gave me the small flower, as she tucked it behind me ear. Fixing a few strands of my distressed, brunette hair, she smiled after her finishing touches.

"There... You look beautiful...." Beth said with a slight smile. Beth always seemed the sun in the group. Using the light in her soul to shine through the darkness. It seemed as if she always makes everyone smile.

"Thanks..." I said while I blushed, giving me much contentment. It's not very common for me to be called beautiful. I never thought people really care about looks anymore at this point.