Guilt

I sat outside Jungkook's hospital room. I had calmed down, but my knees were still trembling as I recalled what happened in the last twenty minutes.

Once I opened my eyes, it took me a long moment to adjust to the sight in front of me. Jungkook was lying on the road, clearly unconscious. The car that had hit him stopped and a man came out. I helped myself up and ran towards where Jungkook was.

"JUNGKOOK!" I yelled, grabbing his hand with my dirty, shivering one. I tried to check for his pulse, but my body was too shaken up to move properly. The driver approached, calmly kneeling down and checking Jungkook's pulse in his neck. I watched, gulping down my tears. The man had pink hair, wearing a leather jacket and large glasses with yellow lenses. He sighed, turning to me.

"Help me get him in the car, we're going to the hospital." He lifted Jungkook by his arms, as I picked up his legs. We carried him to the back seats, laying him down. The man and I rode in silence.

When we were nearly at the hospital, the man let out a breath. "You should call your parents." I nodded. But then I realised, if I called my parents – they will find out I drank alcohol. No, I couldn't let anyone get in trouble. So instead, I called the only adult I could trust not to scold me.

Once we got to the hospital, Jungkook was led to an emergency room. The man had left to get some coffee, leaving me in the waiting room. It took five minutes for a blonde-haired male to walk through the hospital with panic on his face.

I waved. "Jin-oppa!" Jin waved back, jogging over to where I sat.

"Why are you here?" He asked, looking at my mess of a body.

"J-Jungkook-" I began to hyperventilate again, remembering how everything was my fault. "H-he got into an accident." Jin pulled me into a hug, stroking my hair as I cried a bit more. I was beginning to get a headache from all this crying, but my emotions wouldn't let me stop. 

"Shh," Jin pulled me away, his hands gripping my shoulders. "How did you get here?" I was about to reply, but my answer walked right to us.

"Seokjin?" The man asked, taking his glasses off. Jin let go of me, his expression blank.

"Namjoon?" After a second, both of them smiled and hugged each other. Namjoon handed Jin a cup of coffee, which I supposed was meant to be mine.

"How come you're here?" Namjoon asked, taking a sip of his coffee. Jin nodded towards me.

"Just helping out a few troublemakers," they both laughed, leaving me in a confused state. "Why are you here?" Jin asked. I stared at Namjoon as he nervously rubbed the back of his neck.

"Actually," he began. "I accidentally bumped into her friend." My jaw dropped, accidentally? I was about the say something, but once again I was interrupted when a doctor walked towards us.

"Are you the guardian of Jeon Jungkook?" He asked, his question directed to Jin. Jin nodded. The doctor gave him a form and pen. "The patient got hit quite badly, which caused mild concussion and a broken right arm."

"Can I see him?" I asked, but the doctor shook his head.

"Not yet," he said. "He's still unconscious, it's best for him to get some rest." The doctor walked away. Jin sat down on a chair and looked at the form. He filled out his contact information and Jungkook's full name. Jin let out a chuckle.

"I don't know anything about this kid." He looked at me, who blinked in response. It took me awhile to realise that he wanted me to fill out the form. I took the form from him, looking over at what was left to fill in.

"Namjoon and I will come back soon, OK?" Jin asked. I nodded and watched the two men go towards the vending machine. I looked down at the form again, seeing that Jungkook's birthday was empty. I thought for a while, not really remembering it. It was the 1st of a month, that was for sure. Then I realised that it was always around the beginning of the school year – the best time for a party. I chuckled at my silly childhood thoughts, but my smile instantly turned into a frown.

It was the 1st of September – the same day as Hyerim's.

I gasped, feeling myself tear up with guilt. I had forgotten his birthday and even got him hurt. I filled out the form quickly, trying not to think about it too much.

***

Once I filled out the form, Jin and Namjoon hadn't come back and I realised I haven't called my brother yet. It took only one ring for Taehyung to pick up.

"Tae-"

"Where are you?!" He sounded angry and out of breath, as if he was running.

"I'm at the hospital-"

"Which one?!"

I could hear Jimin telling Taehyung to slow down.

"The one nearest to our neigh-" Before I could even finish, the line was cut and I was left to imagine how angry Tae looked.

***

Before Taehyung and Jimin burst through the hospital's main entrance, I was practically pulling my hair out whilst walking from Jungkook's hospital room and the waiting room.

"Calm down, we might be here all night." Jin said. I gave him a death glare, which made him shrink in his seat. Namjoon had left earlier, saying he had tutoring the next morning. It was already midnight; no sign of my brother and our friends.

Another five minutes, before all of them stumbled through the door. Taehyung looked tired, but his anger was clear on his face. Jimin and Hyerim, on the other hand, literally fell on the chairs besides Jin.

I was about to ask about their problem, but the doctor, the one we talked to before, walked towards me with a smile.

"You can see him now, but only one at a time." I didn't wait for permission and ran straight to Jungkook's room door. Through the small window in the door, I could see Jungkook laying on the bed with his eyes half open. I gulped. From the moment the door creaked, Jungkook's head turned towards me and a soft smile appeared on his lips.

"Are you hurt?"
~

A/N: I feel so sorry for these characters sometimes :")

Q.O.T.C: Who is your favourite character at the moment? (Mine's Jimin, don't ask why)