Hungover

A/N: It was needed.

~

I woke up with probably the biggest headache in my short life. Even Taehyung leaning against the doorframe with a smug smile didn't bother me. I let out a long groan, "why didn't you stop me?" I lamely threw a pillow at his figure, which was fuzzy in my morning vision, but it didn't even reach half way. Taehyung kept his smug smile on, closed the door, then walked towards me. After blinking a couple of times, I made out a glass of water in his hand and guessed that a pill was in his other. He handed me both, silently watching as I gulped down the pill and liquid. Letting out a breath as my head seemed to feel better, I glared at the still-smiling male sitting on my bed.

"Thanks."

"Mum and dad would've killed you," he said, "I need more than a thanks for dragging your sleeping ass up here." I frowned at that, so it was him who kissed my forehead. "Fine," I replied, "what do you want?" But Taehyung just shook his head, "nothing yet. I have to go to Hyerim's ultrasound scan today, so rest well." His tone was teasing as he left. But, since now I was alone, I had no idea what to do. Looking around, I spotted my phone on the nightstand - where it usually was - and internally thanked Taehyung for not making me get out of bed to search for it. I scrolled through my contacts, clicking on the only person I didn't know was busy.

After the fourth ring, it was clear Jungkook was.

But a message popped up, lifting my spirits:

Helping my dad today, I'll be round in an hour :)

I sighed. Then, I set my phone down and felt the overwhelming hunger I didn't notice until now. I smiled, "I'm feeling Ramen right now."

***

Flashback;

"Are you sure that's how you do it?" Jungkook, aged 9 at the time, asked worryingly. I tsked, stirring the pan filled with water and chicken flavoured ramen. Hyerim was sick, so Jimin was left to watch over her while his parents set off to buy needed medicine. But, being the foolish boy that he was, Jimin left to play football with Taehyung and some other boys from another neighbourhood.

"You worry too much," I eyed the scared boy, who was going back and forth from Hyerim's bedroom and the kitchen. "I've seen my dad do this all the time, it can't be hard."

***

I giggled at the memory, remembering how Hyerim's parents had gotten home and we had to sit through a long lecture before being dismissed. Now, I stirred my own pan of ramen. Humming along to Big Bang's We like 2 Party. My stirring stopped when hearing the doorbell ring. Stopping the music, I checked the time and saw that only ten minutes had passed since Jungkook's text. Puzzled, I went over to the door and opened it, my confusion growing further.

"Youngjae?" I questioned, my eyebrows knotting as I waited for the boy to speak. He was bent over, hands on knees as he caught his breath.

"Jackson... He's..." Youngjae continued to struggle for breath, "hospital." My eyes widened, "what?! Where?!" Youngjae waved his hand about, pointing towards east. I knew immediately he meant the nearest one. And so, grabbing my phone and keys, I made a run for it.

~

A/N: I await the subtitles for Hwarang.