Joy

Flashback;

"You're such a scaredy cat!" Taehyung, aged 7, pulled weeping Jungkook, aged 5, to the haunted house. "I don't wanna!" Jungkook dragged back, but to no avail. I scoffed, "what kind of knight are you?" And ran off ahead of the two.

"Aeri wait!"

***

"Jungkook wait!" I shouted, stepping in front of the said male. Jungkook smirked, "why? Scared?" I looked at the haunted house over my shoulder, memories of how I got lost that Halloween night many years ago flooding back. Jungkook awed, taking hold of my hand and intertwining our fingers.

"I'll be with you this time." I frowned, following him along to the line.

***

"BWAHAHAHAHA!" Jungkook laughed out loud, alarming the people sitting beside us on the picnic tables outside a hotdog stand. I slapped his arm, "can you not? It wasn't that funny." Jungkook cleared his throat, "yep. Definitely not," I waited for it. "'cause it would've been funnier hearing you scream from the outside."

And there was the punchline.

"On a more serious note," I sipped on my Pepsi. "Jimin might risk repeating a year with his 30 day rehab." Jungkook had silenced, finally attentive. It was silent for a minute; while I finished my second hot dog.

"I want to audition." Jungkook spoke up. "For what?" My brows furrowed, trying to think of any plays that might be happening in school. "Bighit." My confused expression deepened, and Jungkook took a long breath out before speaking again.

"It's a company. I want to audition to be an idol."

I choked.

Jungkook patted my back, while I tried to process everything.

"An idol, huh?" Jungkook nodded. "What about your parents?" Jungkook sat back down in front of me, "I'll tell them when I go through." My mind was still puzzled, "but you can sing, dance? Since when? I mean I know you went to dance classes in America, but I didn't think you would actually--"

"It'll be fine." Jungkook took my hand in his, "and if I don't go through, then at least I tried." I pouted, "of course you'll go through, you're Jeon Jungkook. But what if they don't allow dating? What will happen then?" Jungkook smiled softly, gently pressing his lips on the hand he held.

"You worry too much."

Our heads whipped to my bag, which layed on the table and was now giving off a ringtone. I searched for my phone, checking the caller ID before answering.

"Tae?"

"Hyerim's in the hospital." My eyes widened. Jungkook mouthed a "what?" to me, to which I repeated the phrase. "We'll be there soon." I hung up, letting out a short breath before slumping.

"Too much happens in the hospital."

~

A/N: Double update 'cause why not?