Relief

A month had passed. A month. I didn't see Jungkook with that girl anymore, but he didn't really hang out with Taehyung and Jimin either.

"He ditched us for the Eric guy in your class." Jimin crossed his arms, glaring at Jungkook laughing with Eric and his own group of friends. But I had other things to worry about. Hyerim was now 4 months pregnant, and completely in love with my brother. I felt this confliction between awe and disgust. The two had spent more than enough time together, and even started to look for baby stuff.

"When are you getting your ultrasound done?" I asked Hyerim, midway through our shopping trip. She wanted to buy something for Taehyung. I know, gross. "Soon." Was all she said, browsing the chocolate section of the shop we were in.

Oh, if you're wondering what happened to the me and the bakery. Well, I quit. It seemed that, not only did Jin like Namjoon, but Namjoon liked him back. And soon it just became, you know, awkward.

"You need a Valentine," Hyerim grabbed a cupid bow and a heart shaped arrow, aiming it at me, "and I found you one." I sighed, "I don't need it." Hyerim pouted, letting the bow go for the arrow to hit my forehead. Thank God it's just plastic, I thought, walking past. "C'mon Aeri," Hyerim whined on, "he's nice, and tall, and he can live triple your weight." I sighed once again, looking over at the giant teddy bears on the shelves. A guy came along, struggling to pull one out, but did eventually with a victorious smile. I let out an internal tear, "fine." Hyerim's eyes widened, "but this better be worth it." She nodded enthusiastically, and it kind of reminded of the way she used to promise to never tell the secrets I told her.

I smiled.

***
I groaned.

An hour had passed and I was still sitting, dressed in the red mini dress Hyerim set me up with, in a crowded fancy restaurant that the guy had promised to pay for, apparently, on Valentine's day, alone. Numerous texts and calls wasted my battery life, but to no avail. Neither Hyerim, Taehyung, Jimin, even my parents, were picking up. I should just leave, right? But no, I didn't leave. Why? Because about the same time I got here, a familiar person had also entered. Bouquet of flowers in his hand, Jeon Jungkook never looked so good with his jet black hair styled to show his forehead, wearing a red and black suit with his top button undone.

If I left now, I would look stupid.

My thought must've sent a telepathic message, since immediately my phone began to widely buzz. Seeing as it was Hyerim, I prepared to vent, but her quick speech stopped me.

"He's there."

"What?" My breath hitched, they aren't talking about...?‭ "In red." Were her lasts words, before she hung up in a set of giggles. My brows furrowed, looking for anyone wearing red. But, constantly, my eyes kept finding themselves to look at Jeon Jungkook – weirdly enough, he was staring back. I took a sip of my water, and he mimicked my action. His gaze was tense, as if he was challenging me to come over. After what felt like ages of awkward glances, the boy stood up. I heaved a sigh of relief, only to yelp when seeing him approaching my table.

Panicking, I grabbed the little black purse I had with me and ran off.

***

He's not still behind me, is he?

I gasped for breath, struggling to grab the nearest bike stand in my view. Stupidly, I wore heels – more or less forced to – and now the soles of my feet were crumbling with every step.

"I would've paid for the meal, you know." Jungkook caught up in ease. I hated him for athleticism, or the fact that he was wearing comfortable footwear. He chuckled, watching me slump against the roof of the bike stand, "am I that horrible?" I stayed silent.

To be honest, it was weird how jokey he was, knowing we had spent practically two months avoiding each other.  I decided to take my shoes off, since there was no way I could stand the pain any longer. As my feet stood on the cement, well, let's just say I found something colder than my Physics teacher's heart.

I sighed, fishing out my phone from my purse, trying to find the nearest bus stop around here (since I was dropped off by Taehyung). A shiver sent across my body, but I ignored it until I felt my shoulders being clothed. I blinked, turning my head to see Jungkook step away in his black dress shirt. Fixating on his build, I must say it seemed he has been working out.

Jimin's a good influence, in some aspects.

I began to hum, uncomfortable with the silence, still looking at the map to find a bus stop. Then, a beast erupted from within my core, revealing the hunger I had repressed from one hour ago. I heard Jungkook let out a breathy chuckle, before nudging me.

"Want me to carry you back and have that meal I was going to pay for?" I side-eyed him, a smile daring to show. I cocked one eyebrow, "as long as you're paying."

He laughed, "what are friends for?"
~

A/N: I'm going to try and update everyday until the new year.