1

Clarke's POV-

So today was finally it... I was moving away from my hometown Arkadia so that my mom had a better job at a hospital in a city called Polis.

I packed my last box in my now empty room and took a deep breathe standing at my door, I closed it and walked down the stairs with my last suit case with my mom waiting at the front door.

"Do we seriously have to leave? I mean can't I stay here with a friend." I begged my mom for the last time,

"Clarke. It's a better life for both of us, I know it's going to be hard but you'll make new friends this time its permanent I promise" She kissed my head and packed my suit case into the fully packed car.

I jumped in the front seat and put my headphones in and looked at my surroundings for the last time until my mom got in the car driving us away from the place I've grown up in.

-

Hours had passed in the car and I just had a few naps but I couldn't really sleep I was thinking about how I'm going to make new friends and everything else. Trees were surrounding us for a long time just trees and a really long road. My mom stopped off at the gas station so I could get some food I was starving. After this journey.

"How long left until we arrive mom?" I asked shoving a sandwich into my mouth,

"Only ten minutes now Clarke" She rubbed my hand and smiled at me I was trying my best to accept this for my mom.

The tree sightings finally came to an end as we saw a sign that said Polis, the bright city sparked up behind the blistering Suns shadows and it was all blue with no clouds in sight I gotta admit it was pretty nice. Me and my mom just gave each other a smile as we finally arrived at what I guess was going to be our new home. It was a dark grey house quite big I guess with a white stoned pathway and a black door.

"Not bad, it's bigger than our other one..." I sighed grabbing my bags out of the boot,

"Yes it is now Clarke... This ones permanent I promise, don't get yourself into trouble to try and move because we're staying this time" My mom gave me quite a puppy dog face and I could it meant a lot to her,

"I promise can we go in now?" I walked up to the front door giggling.

-

My mom took me too pick a room out of the four massive ones upstairs, I argued with her I told her she could have to biggest one but she said she doesn't need all that space so there it is I have the biggest room. The room was just white with dark wooden floors but mom said I can have it however I want when we start decorating soon, it had its own bathroom built in and a walk in closet. I packed my things in my drawer and flopped down on the bed when my mom shouted me.

"Clarke! I need you too go and get us some food from the cafe",

"I don't know where it is?",

"Round the corner cmon I need some coffee" I heard her giggling like she thinks this is all some kind of funny game or something.

I walked around the corner to look for this cafe that my mom was talking about when I eventually found it. I walked into the cafe and it was pretty full mostly teenagers and people pretending to be writers, I ordered my food and coffee and looked around and two girls were staring at me and it made me uncomfortable.

"Hey!" One of them shouted but I kept looking forwards, she got up and walked next to me and looked at me,

"I've never seen you around here... Have you just moved?" I looked at her and she had long black hair and grey eyes,

"Yeah I urm arrived like an hour ago" I was nervous I didn't know anyone here and I've always sucked at talking to new people,

"Well I'm Octavia... That's Raven and I guess welcome to Polis..." She extended her hand and paused like she was waiting for my name or something,

"I'm Clarke... Clarke Griffin" I shook her hand and said hey to Raven,

"Do you want to join us? Or you meeting someone" She looked at all my stuff and gave a soft giggle to Raven,

"Aha it's mine and my moms but thank you for the offer",

"What school are you going to attend?" Raven shouted over to me,

"Polis high" I shrugged it off,

"We go there too! Give m your number and we will give you a ride and show you around" Octavia smirked at Raven like they had a new toy,

"Thanks but my mo-" Octavia cut me off mid sentence,

"Clarke you've just moved here and I do not want you to be alone you seem awesome you just need to cut the awkward person out of you" Octavia smiled and handed me a piece of paper with her number on it I smiled and I told her I'll text her my address and I grabbed my food and coffee and walked home.

-

It was late night and my mom set my tv up on a stand just until my rooms decorated so I could watch my tv shows, I texted Octavia my address and she said she'd pick me up around 8:30am, I as dreading school a lot less now I had kinda made some friends I was just abit nervous about a new area and school. I laid out my school clothes just some light blue ripped jeans a white pocket tee and a red flannel with my black high top converse laid out. I got into my bed when I got a text from Raven.

Raven- Hey Clarke! We really didn't get a chance to introduce ourselves in the cafe today but I guess that you seemed cool, anyway I hope that you enjoy our little tour tomorrow and yeah see you in the morning. Ps Octavia gave me your number I don't want you to think I'm some crazy bitch.

I let out a little giggle at the text I could tell Raven is the joker of them both.

Clarke- Hey Raven, yeah thank you both for all this i was nervous about being by myself and everything. See you in the morning.

I set my alarm for 7am and decided to go to sleep ready for my first day at the school they called Polis high school.