Somewhere new

The lights around the city always seemed to look so beautiful whenever I drove at night. Music serenading the passer by's as I raised my hands outside of the window, feeling the air travel down my arm. The night feels like it is passing by me, slipping through my fingers though can be caught if I simply, close my fist.

Connor could not stop smiling beside me, his hands drumming on the wheel, catching the beat every single time. The energy running through my veins, as his hand lay to rest on mine was incredible. My heart race increased rapidly whenever he was around me, though in this car, where the lights illuminated only the smallest parts of our bodies, I felt more alive than ever,

The car ride was short, our main objective was to get to the club as soon as possible, before the drunken behaviours of others would ruin the trip completely. Nights at home had become boring, the same thing being repeated though we hoped that this night would really make things fun.

Stepping out of the car, I felt the cold breeze hit my skin instantly, the music from the club already being heard. The bass was pounding the walls though the sudden grab of my hand from Connor drowned the noise out instantly. He was something spectacular that boy.

His jeans were tight, much like mine. Though his black shirt gripped his chest more than my blue shirt. He looked so gorgeous as he smiled back at me, before dragging me slowly into the flashing club.

My eyes were invaded by bright lights as I walked into the club, a dull setting or red bounced around the room, covering the bodies of numerous young adults who seemed to caught up in themselves to pay attention to anyone else. Connor had given my hand a small squeeze before rushing off to the bar to order drinks. He was always so shy though the energy of the night seemed to captivate him in a way only he understood.

The buzz of the music pulsed through my veins, as I stood there, alone in the middle of what seemed like a rave. Young teens pushing each other against walls at every corner, lips connecting together. Though there were people just smiling, just laughing together and having a good time. The type of people who didn't need contact to be happy, to feel loved. I've never seen myself drunk, too scared to see the person I would become though as Connor returns, eagerly handing me drink, I can't help but down it instantly, feeling the coldness of the liquid seep down into my stomach.

Moments flashed by quickly, Connor's throwing his head back in laughter as I put his hands on my side to dance. The way he screamed when they started playing ' Youth ' over the speakers. The way he glared at the people who stared at me and tried to get my attention as the song played over the speakers. The way he smiled as his lips reached up to connect with mine as the song played, the beat running through my veins.

Connor slowly pulled away from the kiss, a small smirk evident on his face. He trailed his arm down my body and down to my leg before justifying that he had to go to the bathroom quickly. He swayed his hips as he walked, his smile being so large, I could feel it before he moved into the bathroom and I was left alone.

At this point, I was intoxicated. The buzz in my body becoming more electric, more needy. I felt more spaced out, my mind not understanding my actions, not understanding why I grabbed for a seventh drink, not understanding why I smiled at him from across the club. Not understanding why I learnt his name as Matthew and still continued to call him baby, Not understanding why it felt so good to have his lips on mine. Not understanding why I pulled him in deeper for every kiss. Not understanding why I didn't feel Connor's body shove mine away.

Though my mind finally understood as soon as Connor made eye contact with me, small tears trailing down his face. Every single ounce of confidence that he had been showing, breaking down slowly. He was a mess as he shook his head at me, his eyes moving between me and Matthew. As I pulled away from the kiss, it still hadn't become quite clear as to what had done wrong. For Connor was only my friend, I knew this.

I approached him slowly, grabbing his arm as he tried to hurry through the door. His eyes instantly turned cold as he stared at me, tears rushing quickly down his face. Though it never made sense, why would he be crying?

"Baby, I missed you like crazy," I spoke softly to him, moving my hands delicately over his back, pushing him up against the wall.

"Get off me Troye," he groaned, placing both of his hands onto the sides of my shoulders and pushing harshly. The push sent me flying backwards, the anger evident in his actions.

"Baby, what I have done?' I asked, a look of confusion making it's way onto my face as I stared down at him. Tears were streaming, faster than I have ever seen them fall. His eyes were clouded over as he pushed me away further.

"Find somewhere else to stay Troye, because I'm done with you," He raged before storming out of the club, leaving me to drown myself in misery.

"Babe, wait," I yelled out, though he was already gone.

Another night stopped, will it ever end?

-----------------------------------

Another chapter down! So glad you guys are reading this story, I'm so thankful for every single one of you.

Side note: Yesterday, I finally got the physical copy of blue neighbourhood' and it is so beautiful! I've only had the digital but now that I've got the physical, I can't stop listening to it. It is such a beautiful case and the album is so gorgeous. Love it x

~ Jorja x