Chapter 9: Not A Lady Friend Anymore

I wake up at the smell of something delicious. Only when I opened my eyes did I see two maids standing in front of me. How long they've been standing there, I don't know but I wasn't about to question that. I quickly realized that the sun was up so I jolted out of the bed to look at my phone. It was twenty eight past ten in the morning and I was still in the house. I didn't receive any calls so Harley and the others were probably still asleep and hung over.

I looked at the maids who patiently stood there waiting for me to acknowledge them. There were four of them. There was a cart beside one, which, I'm guessing was the source of the delicious smell. My stomach grumbled voluntarily.

One of the maids took a plate from the cart and put it on the coffee table. I hesitated but walked toward the food and my mouth instantly watered at the toast and scrambled egg. My whole body ached for the delicious food but I knew I needed to get home. I ignored the food, no matter how much my stomach longed for it. I walked to one of the maids.

They smiled and bowed.

"Good morning. Do you know where my dress is?" I asked.

They frowned at me and looked at each other. One of the maids, the very same one that put my food on the table and was the oldest from the other three, pointed to the food.

"Please eat." She said.

"I really need to get home. Thank you so much for the food. But do you have my dress?" I asked again.

"Mr. Park said we cannot allow you to leave without breakfast." She said.

The maid had basically told me he was awake. I quickly formed a plan to avoid meeting with Noel Park again. I decided to just run out of the door, with pajamas and all my glorious bed hair. So I grabbed my phone and sprinted for the door.

I opened it and there was Leroy and two guards right outside.

"Good morning!" Leroy said, cheerfully.

"Leroy. Good morning!" I hesitated to try to come up with something to say. "Thank you so much for letting me stay, but I really need to get back to the village."

But they didn't let me walk away. Instead, Leroy said, "Will you have breakfast with Noel?"

A smile remained on his face while the two guards stayed unmoved by his side.

"I can't. I've already overstayed my visit." I was getting desperate to leave.

"Noel's last request is for you to have breakfast with him." He said. "To say his thanks and sorries."

All I wanted right now was to go home. But I knew I wouldn't be able to unless I end this problem with him. I really wanted my last month here to go by nice and smooth so I agreed. My dress was handed to me and once I got dressed I followed Leroy.

We entered the dining room and I immediately saw the table full of food. There were scrambled eggs, sunny side ups, hotdog, toast, some kind of salad, chicken, juice, pastries and so on. Basically an over exaggerated American breakfast.

"I wasn't sure which breakfast you preferred so I made sure you had a wide variety." He smiled and motioned to the whole table.

He stood across from me beside a window. He was wearing a white t shirt and a matching flowy pair of pants. Once the breeze swept in to the room, they moved as light as the curtains. He walked toward the table and took a glass of milk. His hair was very tousled unlike the day we first met at the garden. The table wasn't the only one looking good at the moment.