Chapter 10: Tomorrow Then

Chapter 10: Tomorrow, Then

Tomorrow, then.

It's tomorrow now.

After a series of tossing and turning last night, the only thing that helped me fall asleep at two in the morning was when Harley took my hand and sleepily sang to me our favorite song.

And if you're tossing and you're turning and you just can't fall asleep,

I'll sing a song beside you.

She secured my hand in hers and sleep come to me as I expected it a few hours ago.

I grudgingly got ready the next morning and waited for his call. I constantly eyed my phone completely distracted from my homework. Once it vibrated, I jumped to grab it and even had the embarasing "jumping phone" as it slipped and fell from my grasp. I picked it up from the floor and took a deep breath.

"Hello?" I already knew who it was.

"Spence! Where are you? Are you still waiting for him?" Harley was yelling through the other line. I couldn't help the disappointment to be transformed into a deep sigh.

They had went out to find us some brunch while I told them I had to wait for Noel.

"I'm at the motel." Where else would I be? "I'm doing lab homework. Where are you guys? I'm starving."

"We're waiting for our order. Want to come over?"

I contemplated. "Sure. I'll be there in a few. Did you order the usual?" I gathered my cross-body bag, phone and wallet.

"Yeah, see you soon."

We hung up and I was about to put my phone in my bag when it rang again. I looked at the caller ID and took the deep breath I'd reserved for this very moment.

"Hello?" My voice thinned.

"Hello, Spencer." Once again, his voice made quite an effect on me. I still don't know why though.

"Noel." His name felt familiar yet, foreign on my lips.

"Should I see you at the front of the motel or do you preffer somewhere else?" His low tremble vibrated through my ear to my body.

"I'll meet you at the front." I sat down on the bed and gropped the hem of my navy blue, lace dress, to calm my voice while the rest of me was unsettled.

"Well, I've actually just arrived." At the same time, I heard gravel move outside my window. I quickly ran to the window and saw his familiar vehicle. "I'll be outside in a minute."

"I'll see you in a bit then." Laughter seeped through from his lips to my ears.

Did he know his effect on me?

I hung up and quickly grabbed everything and put on some flats. I ran to the side of the motel and saw his car parked. He got out of the car and smiled.

"Goodmorning." I didn't see my bag anywhere. "Do you mind talking over brunch? It's very important."

I was confused and annoyed at the same time. I had already agreed to meet the girls.

"I'm sorry, but you are not getting your dress yet, unless you go to brunch with me." He laughed, easily but his posture was firm.

"Are you threatening me?" I narrowed my eyes at him.