Chapter 4

I got the Elrics and showed them their job, sweeping icicles off the ceiling.
"Sorry I'm leaving you guys alone a lot. And to think in supposed to be keeping an eye on you, ha! Anyway, as soon as you finish this I'll take you to get some food and finish showing you two around."

I hand them two brooms and turn around. I have to go do my checks of the base's facilities. Make sure the heater is working, stuff like that.

"Oh, and remember, survival of the fittest." I say with my trademark cheery tone. Just as I said it an icicle came loose and almost fell on Ed. I noticed, of course. I would've pushed him out of the way if I thought he couldn't of dodged it. I let out a chuckle, "my words in action! Oh, hey Falmen." I say to the one of the newest soldiers to be transferred.

"Don't cause trouble, I'll be back soon. If you break anything I'll kick your ass." I say. They saw I was being serious and I felt them shiver at the thought of me angry. I hear the Elric brothers start a conversation with Fallman as I walk away. I couldn't be bothered to listen to what they were saying.

After I make my rounds I find myself remembering Armstrong's speech to Miles. While I do admit Buccaneer and Doc are my closest friends at the fort, Miles and the General herself are people who care about me as much as I care about them. Although I know Armstrong would never admit it.

I don't think they know how much I listen to all of their words and take them into consideration when I make decisions. They really inspire me. There is part of me that relies heavily on the people around me, not because of my "disability", but for my sanity.

There is also a part of me that doesn't need anyone else... That isn't the happy, cheery, bubbly girl I show to everyone else.  That girl is broken, and I know that if my eyes did work, they would scream of death. My smile is bright, I've mastered the art of smiling. Even when I feel like I'm dying I smile.

I guess you could say I'm two sided... Like a coin. Heads or tails. That something I was only asked as a child, Playing with my friends. I can't even remember their faces now, not that faces even matter anymore. I wonder what Ed and Al look like. Maybe I could ask to touch them? That's not weird right? I am blind after all, it only seems fair that they wouldn't see that as too weird.

Lost in my thoughts I realize I took a wrong turn a little while back. I fire up my transmutation circles and figure out where I am. 'I'm in the development center!' I turn as I hear Ed's voice. 'Fallman must be showing them around.'

"Yo, (Y/N)! Mind taking a look at this pipe?" I hear one of the workers shout from below me.
"Sure!" I yell in their general direction as I jump down and move quickly to the pipe.

"Somethings definitely going on here." I say to the worker, "It's coming from over here! Underground!" I say loudly.
I hear jumbles of words coming from the ground, I couldn't make them out.

I activate my 'sight'. The thing is much bigger than I expected. Just then it burst through the surface, throwing me back a bit because I was standing too close.

"A homunculus!" I hear Ed and Al shout. I scramble over to them, ready to defend myself if needed. I grab Ed's shirt collar.
"WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THE HOMUNCULUS!" I yell in his face. "I-" I was cut off by loud snoring. I could tell all of the people who heard my outburst were shocked. At the homunculus itself, and at my actions.

The beast wakes up and Ed and Al start rambling on about someone called 'father' or something. I stumbled away from the scene before me and tried to collect my thoughts. I could feel myself getting angrier and more frustrated the more Ed and Al and that thing talked.

I was jumped from my thoughts as the beast started walking, shaking the ground as it went by. I kept switching between furious and terrified.

Buccaneer fired shots at Ed and Al as he accused them of knowing the intruder. Oh how much they don't know. I felt the homunculus pick up a large pipe and I started running towards Ed and Al. I pushed them out of the way as the pipe came crashing down, nearly hitting them.

"(Y/N!)" they cried in unison as they thought they just witnessed me getting crushed by the pipe. To everyone's surprise, the pipe started moving. Up, little by little, as I pushed it away from me. My original location on the ground only slightly shifted backward as I caught the large projectile.

"You really should pick on people your own size. The little guys are always tougher than they look."

HEY!!! What's up people. Bet'cha didn't see that one coming! Anyway plz follow me, it would really help. Also like and comment any suggestions you have for the story. I want to make this the best story it can be for all you lovely people

Love Edie💋