Chapter 5

Ed's POV

"You really should pick on people your own size. The little guys are always tougher than they look." (Y/N) said in a monotone way as she tossed the metal pipe aside. 'Yes! Do not underestimate the small!' My stomach had butterflies as I process what she said.

I look at her standing there. Not a single quiver or shake of the knee. She looks almost bored as she stares off into darkness.

"You two okay?!" She asks us, emotion finally returned into her face. "I pushed you guys pretty hard."
"We're fine!" I say as Armstrong barges in. As we are dragged away and forced to carry containers of gasoline up the stairs, (Y/N) looks deep in thought. I remember her freaking out when we said homunculus. 'It's like this chick is bipolar! Overly bright and cheery one minute and deadly serious the next.'

I realize I'm staring at her and I look away. I don't know why I'm feeling this way, but to say the least I'm intrigued in what she knows. She moves up so that I'm behind her. I look down at the ground and I notice a blue light coming from the soul of her shoe.

A transmutation circle! So she does know alchemy.' But I don't recognize the symbols and inscriptions. I'll have to ask about it later.

We reach the top and take out positions in a hallway leading to a balcony outside. We pour the gasoline on the homunculus and General Armstrong fires at it with a GIANT FREAKING TANK!

"Move it runt!" Armstrong exclaims as she moves forward. I guess (Y/N) heard Armstrong say something because the next thing I know is I'm being shoved as she kicks sloth in the stomach, sending him over the railing and into a blizzard.

She explained how the gasoline would evaporate, effectively cooling his body temperature and freezing him. She had a look on her face that screamed badass that honestly made me fear her more than Armstrong.

Now, maybe this was just coincidence, but as soon as Armstrong came over to see if sloth had frozen (Y/N) had grabbed me by the collar for the second time and shoved me against the wall hard enough to leave bruising.

"You will tell us everything you know about the homunculus, Edward Elric. You can't keep secrets from me, I told you before and I will not tell you again." She threatened. I saw Al move out of the corner of my eye but the General stopped him before he could do anything.

"(Y/N), let him go." She said firmly. She let go of me and I slid back to the ground. I didn't even realize I wasn't touching the floor. She brushed some of her (H/C) hair out of her face as she apologized to the General.

"Go to your room, (Y/N). We will discuss things in the morning."
"Yes sir." She saluted and walked off to do what she was told.

So, tell me what ya think of this. It was kind of rushed and I will probably end up rewriting it. Anyway, give me suggestions for the storyline plz bc I have a general idea of where this is going but I would really appreciate some new ideas. Thank all of you lovely people out there who read my story❤️

Love Frost💋