The end pt. 1

I will reiterate what I have said before, the middle bits will be here soon. It's just that Netflix is a bitch and I haven't found my CD's.

On to the story.
-----
(Y/N) POV

"Edward, no!" The raw voice ripped through my throat as the homunculus formerly known as 'father' was walking towards Ed.

I was injured, my left leg was broken in at least two places, if not shattered.

My heart was beating, faster and faster as the scene was unfolding right before my unseeing eyes.

Alphonse and May were a little bit away from me, and they were in no better shape than I was.

I heard Al saying something. I knew what he was going to do. I couldn't stop him, I couldn't do anything.

I couldn't save Buccaneer, I couldn't save Greed...

And now I can't even save my almost lover from that god forsaken homunculus.

My thoughts turn to a pleading May and a determined Alphonse. He was reassuring her that Ed would come back for him.

"Hey Al," I somehow croak from my horse throat, "if Ed doesn't come back for you, I will personally kick his ass all the way back to Fort Briggs and get you back myself." I smile at him.

With my promise of an ass kicking as his blessing, and a sobbing May, he enters the portal of truth and he's gone.

I smile and drop my head onto the pavement below my bleeding body. I gave this fight everything I had.

Pretty sure I'm gonna die of blood loss, but it was worth it.

I close my grey eyes and pretend I can see the stars. It was the afternoon, and I could feel the sun on my face, but who the hell cares. This is my reality.

I remember back to my childhood. I try to think of my dads face, but all I get it a blur.

All I really do remember is on a cool spring day, I was laying on the ground outside my house.

I remember how soft the grass felt, and how it rustled in the wind.

I remember contemplating the existence of plants, a daisy to be specific.

I remember wondering why this daisy was alive in front of me. How it felt, standing there among the grass. How I could just rip it out of the ground and nobody would notice.

It was alive one second, dead the next.

I remember feeling bad for the flower. If I did decide to bring it home with me, it would just die a slow, and to my young self, a painful death.

And then I remember how I thought dead flowers were much more pretty than live ones.

I skip forward a few years, just barely after I had arrived at the fort.

"Do you know how to fight, little girl?" I heard General Armstrong's voice ring above me.

"No sir, but I would like to learn." I replied with just as much force, and a little sass.

She just laughed and pat me on the head.

"You'll make a fine solider, Ms. (Y/N)."

I smiled as I remembered my first encounter with the General. Less bloody than people would think, but I was scared shitless.

I remembered meeting Miles. I was there a little before he was stationed there. That's quite the funny story. I'll have to tell Ed sometime.

Ed.