Chapter 6

After the encounter with the homunculus I had time to think. Im waiting at the entrance of the hole in the fort. 'Looking' into it and seeing if there were any troops inside waiting to attack. There weren't, but that made sense. I was trying to piece together and fill in some blanks in my story when Armstrong and Miles came down to where I was standing. The boys tied up and being lead by both of them.

"There are no troupes inside, Sir." I state knowing in already walking on thin ice from shoving Ed earlier. (Get it, ice? No? Okay then😅)

"Let's go (Y/N). I have some questions for these two." Armstrong said as she jumped into the cavern.
"As do I, general." I said, my bubbly self coming back.

----------------------------------------------

After learning that there was a guy named 'father' who created the homunculus and all that stuff I suddenly got an idea.

"Name all incidents that resulted in bloodshed from back when Amestris was founded to now. Ed, mark them on the map." I say, fearing I already know what's happening.

Needless to say... I was right.
"Homunculus, the military, a man named 'father'... And the worst of all, the whole of Amestris. They're making another philosophers stone." I say quietly. "Just what have you two dragged me into?!" I say with a chuckle.

"Can we head up now? That Sloth guy really ripped up my clothes, my jacket's all ruined." I say pouting.
"Yes, let's all go back up and I'll think of how we can resolve this." Armstrong says firmly.

"Sir, may I have a moment alone with the Elrics?" I enquirer, it obvious that I have something on my mind.
She hesitated,
"okay, but be back up soon."
"Thank you, sir." I say, truly grateful.

After the General had left, and only the three of us were still in the tunnel, I started talking.

"When I was born, my Mom died. I never knew her, and that left my Dad to take care of me." I take a deep inhale and start again. "He was the best dad you could ever ask for, and when I was six, he died."

I had never really talked to anyone about this other then the General when I first got here. Everyone else thinks I was born blind.

"I was an alchemy wiz kid if you know what I mean... Kind of like you two." At this point they could see where this story was going.

"It took three long years of studying and practice... A-A-And" my voice was quivering, I was on the brink of tears.

"Hey, it's okay." Alphonse said quickly. He didn't want to see me cry... Apparently so did Ed.
"You don't have to continue if you don't want to." I heard Ed's voice say softly. He was the last person I would expect to try to comfort me.

"Yes, I do." I say, wiping my unseeing eyes.
"I wasn't born blind... I don't see it as a disability or anything... But I miss so many things..." I continue my story.

"He took my sight, and I want it back." I say, my voice no longer quivering or wet with tears. My voice was strong, and determined.

"I know a little bit of Alcehestry. That's how I made these-" I say, taking off my shoes and showing them the transmutation circles I use to see.

"But if you've seen the gate, why do you need the transmutation circles?" Al asked.
"It's because I made them... Kind of. You see, it's a mix of Alcehestry and Alchemy. I can 'see' with them."

I stood up. "Well now you know my life story." I say to them. "It's funny, there really are kids as stupid as me out there." I say brushing off my pants. "We should head back now." I say, glancing over in the direction the exit was. Not that I could see it.

"I haven't cried in a very long time... Thank you." I say sincerely.
"Why would you thank us for making you cry?" Ed said, clearly shocked.
"It reminds me my eyes are still good for something." I say with a laugh. "At least you two can pretend to be normal." I Say with a lightheartedness than only I could achieve.

"Now let's go." I say, holding out my hand to Ed and pulling him up to a standing position.
I couldn't see it... But I knew he was blushing.

FOLLOW ME PLEASE!!!!

Love Frost💋