Chapter 16

It had been several days since I arrived at the makeshift hospital Ed was staying at. More and more people were looking for Ed, so we had to get a move on soon.

Ed was healing nicely and is no longer in pain when he walks. On multiple occasions I had to help him just walk across the room if he hadn't been resting for long periods of time.

Ed was reading a book to me (a habit we had made) when I heard loud footsteps coming from outside. It wasn't the doctor, or any of the chimeras. They were all inside the flat with us.

I cut Ed off from his reading and listened again.

"Ed, I hear footsteps," I say quietly, "outside."
We both get up quickly.

Ed and I leave the hospital and gather some supplies. When we come back the soldiers are already at our front door. I can hear people inside the hospital conversing with the soldiers. I just hope they don't do anything stupid.

The guard stops us from going inside and starts asking questions. I wasn't paying much attention to what he was saying.

"Have you two seen anyone strange frequenting this hospital? They're described as a young man. Blonde hair worn in a braid, a red coat, and short." I start giggling and the dude looks at me like I'm insane. That is, until Ed took him down.

I took out the other guy who came out when he heard his friend drop. I listened to the commotion happening inside and decided to get mr. Gorilla man out of a pinch.

I shoved my bare hand through the wall and knocked the guy out... I'm not gonna say it didn't hurt, because it did.

"Let's get outta here, before anyone else shows up." I say, grabbing Ed's flesh arm and dragging him out the door.

"That was pretty gutsy girly, be sure you don't hurt yourself." Said the gorilla. I stop and let go of Ed's arm.

I walk over to the imbecile who just called me 'girly'. I raise my hand and slap him, then grabbed his arm and threw him over my shoulder. As he's laying on the ground I whisper-

"Don't you, or anyone else, EVER call me 'Girly' again." I take a deep breath, "show some respect to the person who just saved your ass."

And with that I just left.

"(Y/N)! (Y/N)! Wait!" I heard Ed call after me.

"FREEZE!!!" I heard more military men say as I rounded the corner. 'Damn it! They got Ed and the others. I hope they didn't see me.' I thought to myself.

I listened for what would happen next. To be honest what happened was hilarious. They picked up Ed and just ran. It was all I could do to just start laughing right there. I caught up with them as I was jumping down stairs.

I turned on my sight and located a car.
"Follow me!" I yelled at them as I ran towards the empty car. We jumped in and tried to loose the military.

We were unsuccessful in our attempts and I was getting nervous. Ed must've thought of something because he inhaled quickly and deeply.

I have noticed some things people do when they are just going about doing what they do: General Armstrong taps her foot, Doc fiddles with her coat, and Ed shifts his weight from leg to leg.

I tend to hum or sing, as you may have noticed.

Ed spouted orders at the obviously annoyed chimeras, but they go along anyway.

They all start arguing about the look of the car. I hear the sounds bouncing off the tight walls of the car. I try to block out the noise like I normally do when it gets too loud. When that didn't work I just snapped.