Chapter 15

Ed's POV

I woke up to a searing pain in my side. 'Oh right, I was recently impaled. I forgot about that.' It was still dark outside. Maybe early dawn.

I look over and I see (Y/N) sleeping, still snuggling my unhurt side. Her eyebrows were slightly furrowed, like she was concentrating on something. My curiosity quickly turned to concern as her face was contorting into different emotions.

First it was anger. Her jaw was set and clenched.

And then it was surprise, and fear. Like she was seeing something that was upsetting.

Then it was horror. She started to turn her head and whimpered a bit.

I just held her closer, trying to calm and comfort her without waking her up. I don't want to be more injured than I already am.

Eventually, after rubbing her back and running my hand through her (H/C) hair she calmed down. But not before she whispered something and shed a single tear.

"I'm sorry, Ed." Is what was playing in my head ever since.

-------------------------------------------------------
(Y/N)'s POV

I groggily opened my eyes to the blinding light of the open window, not that it mattered to me.

I blinked away the sleep still holding on to me, swinging my legs off the bed. Ed's spot is cold, he's been up for a while I guess.

I stumble over to the door, things were littered all over the ground.' I don't even want to know what that thing was' I thought to myself as I escaped the bedroom.

I walked into the main room, both the chimeras were there along with the doctor. Ed wasn't there, and I couldn't sense him anywhere in the house.

"Where'd Ed run off to?" I ask the doctor.
"He left early this morning, didn't say where he was goin'. Just that he'd be back soon." One of the chimeras responded.

"Oh," was all I could think of to say. I walked towards the front door.

"And where do you think you're going?" Said the same chimera. I turn my head.

"Nowhere."

And I left it at that.

I ended up wandering the town a bit, staying away from loud places. It can get a bit jarring sometimes.

I did a sweep of the area, hoping to locate Ed. When I didn't find him on the ground I moved up. Looking on the rooftops of the buildings.

I found him a couple blocks from the makeshift hospital. On a roof, like I had predicted. I scaled the nearest wall, and started jumping across the tops of the buildings.

I had made it to the spot Ed was sitting. He didn't hear me behind him. I could hear him talking to himself.

"Should I ask her about the dream? I mean, she should come to me if somethings bothering her. Right?" He sighed.

"Maybe I'm just overreacting. If she wanted to tell me she would. I shouldn't go into other people's business. I know she's not telling me something, something that might have happened to her." He quieted down a bit as he talked.

"I just want to know why she said sorry to me and cried-"

My eyes were wide at this point. 'He's talking about me! About my nightmare! Did I really talk in my sleep!? Did I really cry?!'

I walked backwards, silent as ever. I needed to get away from this. From everything. From the memories. From my feelings.

From love... From Ed.