3: Meeting the Boss

Taylor's POV

I nervously perfected the last touches on my Nashville apartment. I was meeting the kids that would hopefully be traveling with me for my new music video Mine. It's gonna be filmed in Kennebunkport Maine.

The doorbell rings and I quickly make my way to the door while Meredith scurries out of the room.

"Hi," I answer the door.

"Hello, you must be Taylor?" A lady around my moms age with brunette hair says.

"Yes. And you must be Miss Milligan, and they must be Finley and Phoenix," I say.

"Yup, and I'm Kayla. I've helped raise the kids," a girl probably around 16 or 18 says.

"Well, come in," I say stepping aside.

"Hellwo," Finley waves at me.

"Hi, what's your name?" I ask kneeling down to their height. I ask even though I already know their names.

"Fiwn," he says proudly. Phoenix doesn't say anything.

"I'm Taylor, how old are you guys?" I ask.

"I two," Fin says holding up his three fingers. I laugh and put one down.

"I," Phoenix holds up two fingers.

"Yeah, cool," I smile standing up.

"So miss Taylor, I have a few questions for you," Miss Milligan says. I lead them to the kitchen and take a seat at the table which had a plate of cookies and a pitcher of lemonade.

"What questions?" I ask pouring five glasses of lemonade.

"Where are you going and how long will you be going?" She reads off a piece of folded up paper.

"I'm going the first week of August for two weeks," I answer handing everyone a cup.

"Will you pay for airfare, clothes, belongs, food, housing, etc," she says.

"Yeah," I say confused why I need to buy them clothes, I thought they would have enough for a week.

"Okay, well if you pay for everything, then I just need a few more things," she says pulling out a folder, I never noticed.

"Okay," I say, watching her open it.

"Full name?" She asks.

"Taylor Alison Swift," I say.

"Parents?" She asks.

"Andrea and Scott Swift," I say.

"Siblings?" She says.

"Austin Swift," I say.

"Birthday date?" She asks.

"December 13, 1989," I say.

"Hoe old are you?" She asks.

"Twenty, I turn twenty-one this coming December," I answer.

"Oh, okay. Well close enough," Miss M answers.

"What am I not old enough? I'll have my mom sign. She'll be with me the two weeks either way," I blurt out.

"Nah, it doesn't matter," miss M says. It worries me how she cuts corners.

"Alright," I say taking a deep breath.

"Okay, sign here," she points to a line.

"And here, and here, and here, oh and here," she says.

I scan the documents for anything suspicious before signing each page.

"Alright come pick them up this Saturday July 31. Please return them by Sunday August 15," she says standing up.

"Okay, I'll be there around nine on Saturday," I smile.

"Here's each of their files," she says.

"Let's go guys," Kayla motions to the kids.

"Bye, bye Miss Taylor," Fin waves at me.

"Bye Fin," I smile and wave.

"Bye Phoenix," I wave and smile at her. I kneel down to their level and give them each a hug.

••••

Kayla's POV

"Mom," I call when I walk in the house.

"What?" She calls from the kitchen.

"Guess what happened?" I say.

"What?" She laughs while making dinner.

"I met someone," I smile.

"A boy?" She says.

"No," I whine, "guess."

"I don't know," she says.

"Taylor swift," I announce.

"Wow cool, um how?" She asks.

"Well, you know Finley and Phoenix? Well Taylor needs them for a music video off her new album and is gonna take them with her. It's up in Kennebunkport Maine," I say.

"Wow, cool. But we'll be in Hawaii then," she says.

"Oh I know. I'm just excited for the kids," I say.

"They are twins right?" Mom asks.

"Yeah, I think," I answer.

"Why do you say it like that?" She questions.

"It's just one day I was going through the files and it seems to be that Finley was left in central park with a note and Phoenix was left in a gas station with a note. Their birthdays were close but almost twenty-four hours apart," I explain.

"So why do they group them as twins?" Mom asks.

"Well, they are the two youngest and we always put them together. Also they look alike. And everything about them matches up," I say.

"Except their birthday and find place," mom finishes.

"Yup," I say.

A/n
Thanks for you're patient.

CQ:
Favorite Vacation place?

I want to go to a bunch of places but I really like the mountains in my home state. California was also a really fun trip.