14: Waiting

Taylor's POV

Today is my first interview. I've worked out the court stuff. They said I can start the process now but it can't be finalized until my birthday.

I cleaned the place yesterday and I just finished the last touches.

After a shower, I step into a green t-shirt and whitewash jeans matched with black flats. I pull my hair into a loose bun.

Just as I finish getting ready the doorbell rings. I hurry to open the door. "We can go to the kitchen," I say leading them around the small apartment.

"So Taylor swift, you're twenty as of right now?" Mrs Stacy says.

"Yeah, but I'll be twenty-one when the adoption is finalized," I answer.

"And what's your profession?" He asks.

"Entertainer," I say.

"Okay, how much do you travel during an average year?" She asks.

"A lot," I say like it's a bad thing.

"Oh, well that'd be hard on the kids," he says.

"Sp what's your current pay? Net pay?" She asks.

"Around fifty million, I think," I say.

"What do you think qualifies you for this?" He asks.

"I love the kids. I wanna be there mom and I feel I'm ready for that role," I say.

"Ms.Swift do you have any proof that you're ready to handle two toddlers?" He pushes.

"Yes, I took them to Maine where I cared for them for twenty four hours everyday for a week and I still continue to go check on them," I say getting frustrated.

"Ok, now you say you travel a lot? And the kids are getting ready to hit school age next year how will that work?" She asks.

"I'll be here more, for them to attend school or I'll home school then myself," I answer calming down.

"How will you handle them sleeping?" He asks.

"Um they'll sleep in the second bedroom," I say like it's obvious.

"For their whole life with you?" He says shocked.

"No, just for a while," I say.

"How longs a while?" He asks.

"I don't know, until I decide to get another apartment, with another room," I say.

"Alright can we have an apartment tour?" He asks.

"Yeah follow me," I get up. "This is the kitchen, that's the family room, back here is the bathroom, this is the spare room for them, that's the master bedroom. Oh and that's Meredith my cat," I say pointing things out.

"Okay that's all nice, only one bathroom?" She asks.

"Yup," I answer, "the kids are still in diapers so it's gonna work for now," I answer.

"Okay, now when we come back in two weeks, I wanna see a tour schedule and everything child ready, we wanna see how well you can watch a child and if you can do it yourself," she says.

"Okay, anything else?" I ask.

"You're doing great except, your profession might be the only set back," he answers.

"Alright but my profession makes money, provides and gives them a chance to see the world, the monuments, and everything," I say trying to prove that entertainment business isn't all bad.

They leave and I'm left to feel like I didn't do anything productive to help my odds.

I sit on the couch alone watching tv for the rest of the day. It's only September now but next month is gonna be crazy. And I wanna get everything ready before album release week.

All I'm doing is waiting though. Waiting for answers.

A/n
Thanks for reading.

CQ:
Who's excited for thanksgiving and Christmas?"