15: My Little Angels

Taylor's POV
After a long three months I've been okayed to take the kids home. In order to do that though I did have to have a room ready for them. It had two cots, two dressers, a shared closet, a toy chest and a changing table. The colors were split at the seams, green and blue.

I turned twenty one last week and the adoption finally went through.

I hurry to get ready and slip in to warm winter clothes. The best past is that Christmas is coming and they'll be with me just in time.

Grabbing my car keys, I head down to the parking garage. I slide into the front seat and start the car.

Fin's POV

Today's the day. Phoenix and I are getting adopted by Miss Taylor. Miss Ellie says we can call her Mama and mommy now. So Mommy's coming to pick us up today. She kept our old car seats she brought when we went to Maine.

Kayla helps me get dressed in jeans and a sweater. Than she helps Phoenix get dressed in white leggings, white skirt and a black and white sweater. I put on tennis shoes and Phoenix puts on white shoes. Kayla packs up all our stuff into one big bag and sets it by the front door. We say goodbye to our old room before going and waiting by the door.

Phoenix's POV

I sit by the door waiting for my new Mama. She's my favorite. I'm very excited. Did you know I was two? I didn't. I'm three now. But Fin is four now. We are a year apart but we're like siblings. He's my brother for real now.

We hear the car pull up to the orphanage and hurry to open the door.

I follow Fin out and miss Taylor, I mean Mama gives us each a big hug.

She leads us inside.

"Hi Kayla, how are you," Mama says engulfing her in a hug.

"Good, you ready?" She says.

"As ready as I can be," she smiles.

"Yeah," Kayla laughs.

"Alright, kids go say goodbye and thank you to miss Ellie," Mama says to us.

"Okay," fin says heading towards the kitchen.

"I'm coming," I follow.

"Miss Ellie, thank you, I gonna miss you. Goodbye," fin says giving her a hug.

"Goodbwye, Thanwk you. I miss you," I say giving her a hug.

I go back to Mama and she lifts me up off the ground.

Taylor's POV

I happily take the kids hands as we walk up to our apartment.

Unlocking it like it's a brand new place, I take a deep breath and enter the room.

"Mewre," Phoenix says running towards the cat and letting go of my hand. I can't believe that she's only three. And that's Fin's four.

"Mommy? Can we go to our roowm?" Fin pulls me.

"Okay, hold on, let's take off our shoes," I say slipping off my shoes and kneeling down to help Fin and Phoenix.

"Mama, I'm hungwry," Phoenix complains.

"Okay, baby, lets go put your room together," I say.

"Yeah," fin adds in.

"Can I hawve a snawck?" She pouts.

"Yes, come here little boy," I say lifting Fin on my hip and following Phoenix to what she knows is the basket of snacks.

"This?" She asks.

"Yes, can you give one to Fin and I?" I say.

"Wes, here," she hands me one. I glance at the clock reading the digits it's about lunch time.

"Okay let's get the room done than you can play. And we'll have lunch," I say.

"Lets go to the room, now?" Fin says as I set him down.

"Okay, me first," Phoenix screams running ahead.

"No Phoenix!" Fin yells out running her.

"Oh goodness," I say walking faster after them. I now realize I've told them about it but I've never actually shown it to them.

"It's gween and bwue," Phoenix tells me.

"Is this mine?" Fin asks pointing to a cot bed.

"Yup and this is yours Phoenix," I say pointing to the bed opposite.

"Yay, it's perfect," she says pulling herself on it.

"You okay Fin?" I ask as he stares at everything.

"Thank you," he smiles hugging me.

"No problem," I say kissing his forehead.

"Can we play with the trucks now?" He asks.

"Of course, Phoenix come here," I say grabbing her from her bed.

"Look at this truck," Finley says opening the toy chest and showing me a blue one.

"Okay, I'm gonna make lunch," I say heading to the kitchen.

I quickly heat up some food I prepared earlier for meals I don't have much time to make. Setting three plates on the table, I call the kids to come wash up. They've both been over multiple times and know the drill. Water, soap, water, towel, and than chair. I bought booster chairs for the small kitchen table. It fits only four people.

••••

"Alright it's seven, who wants some milk?" I ask.

"Me!" "Me!" The both yell.

"Okay, come get your cup," I say handing them to each of them.

"Thank you," fin says.

"Thanwks," Phoenix says.

I start picking up all the toys while they continue playing with the other toys.

"Alright it's time to pajama time," I tell them.

"I don't wanna go to bed," Fin says bouncing on the couch.

"Nope, lets go," I say lifting him on my left hip.

"Pleawse a wittle longer," Phoenix pouts.

"No baby lets go to bed," I say watching her melt into tears. "Phoenix," I sigh, "come on." I try lifting her up.

"No!" She screams, I continue walking back to their room. I change Fin and pull on buzz lighter pajamas. I tuck him in hoping he stays in bed.

I retrieve a still sobbing Phoenix and she squirms as I try to change her and put her princess pajamas on.

I finally get her in her bed. I give both of them their little lambs and animals. Turning on a star nightlight, I kiss each goodnight before turning on the baby monitor and shutting the door.

I go out to the living room and pick up the rest of the toys. Next I clean up the kitchen, doing the dishes and cleaning the table and floor. Finally I check the locks on the front door before doing my nightly routine.

I fall asleep around ten, only to wake up to someone standing nervously besides my bed.

"Mama?" The small girl whispers in the dead of night.

"Hi, baby, what's wrong?" I ask, siting up.

"Can I sweep in your bed?" She asks moving her hair behind her ear.

"Sure," I say lifting her into my bed. "You okay?" I ask laying back down.

"Yeah, I'm just perfect," she smiles.

••••

The next morning as I feeding the kids breakfast. I look over at them happily chatting away to each other. It's like time stops. All I can see are my Little Angels.

A/n
Thanks for reading.

CQ:
Book Review?