Chapter four

Draco POV

I lie on my bed, wide awake. I look at the clock and sigh. Five am. I groan. Tom is in the bedroom below me. He's in hiding from Dumbledore and the ministry. My parents are down the hall to the left and Aunt Bellatrix is to the right. Her daughter, Laure, is next to her. Laure is really nice if she decides she likes you, but you do not want to get on the bad side of her. I guess Laure is my only real friend.

I hear I knock on the door. Who's visiting at 5:24? I grumble and walk downstairs, knowing very well I'm the only one up.

I startle at who I open the door to, and suddenly become very self conscious that I'm only wearing some pyjama bottoms.

"Potter? What are you doing here?"

"Draco, I think... No, I know... I'm- I'm Kovus."

"What are you talking about?"

"I remember everything. About how Dumbledore took me and changed my memory, about my old house, and my father, and you..." I want desperately to believe him. If he is telling the truth then I had my mate back. No matter who he used to be.

"Okay, if you really are Kovus, you'll know the answer to this. When we were younger, five days before you were taken, we were playing hide and seek. Where did I hide?"

"Up a tree. I was distraught because I couldn't find you and I thought you had left me." Oh my god. It's him. It's really Kovus. I let out a strangled sob and wrap my arms around him tightly, determined not to ever let him go.

"I thought I had lost you."

"I know you did, baby. I'm so, so sorry. But I'm here now, and everything's going to be okay."

"What's going on?" Laure asks, coming down the stairs. Even with bed hair and the I've-just-woken-up-look she still manages to look amazing. "You're... Oh my god. Draco what's he doing here?"

"Don't worry, Laure. It's him. Kovus."

"K-Kovus?"

"Laure? It's me. It really is."

"Oh my god." She runs forward and flings her arms around him. "You look ridiculous you know."

"Can you wake everyone up?" I ask her, still looking at my long lost mate. She nods, but instead of going upstairs, she turns and cups her hands around her mouth.

"Everyone wake up and get down here! It's important!" she yells with incredible volume.

"Just the Laure I remember," Ko says laughing.

Aunt Bella comes down first, then mum and dad. Upon seeing Kovus, well Harry to them, they brandish there wands.

"No! No it's okay," I say. "It's Kovus."

"How? How can you be sure?" Bella says.

"For my third birthday you have me a stuffed snake with a little crown on its head," Kovus supplies. Bella nods wordlessly. "Lucius, you and dad helped decorate my room. Dad thought I was going to be a girl, so you painted it pink background with green spots. When I was born you had to change it to just green. Narcissa, I first met you the same time I met Draco. You had been painting before, and a strand of your hair was purple."

"See?" I say, before everyone in the room hugs him tightly.

"We have to get rid of that glamour," father says, and everyone agrees.

Kovus POV

Bella and I go into one of the living rooms. I know the house like the back of my hand, I spent so much time here as a child.

After the glamour has been removed, Bella shows me a mirror. I gasp.

I'm a few inches taller, with slightly longer black hair and a purple tinge to my blue eyes. My skin is paler too. I finally look like myself again.

We walk out into the dining room again, where Laure and Draco are. Narcissa and Lucius have gone to talk to my father.

Laure smiles and hugs me.

"See? That's better." I look at Draco and smirk. His mouth is open and he looks absolutely awed.

"Hi Dray," I say.

"H-hi." I walk over to him and hug him tightly. I don't want to be taken away from him again.

He's still not wearing a shirt, which only makes me slightly flustered. My mate has amazing abs.

That's when I hear a small voice behind me.

"Kovus?" I turn. In front of me stands my father.