Thirteen

Kovus POV

"Ko!" I turn to see Laure jogging up to me. "Wait up!"

"Hey Laure," I say. "What's up?"

"I may or may not have an inkling to who my mate could be."

"That's great! It's not Weasel is it? Oh my god, Laure your mate isn't the Weasel!"

"What? No!"

"Good. So who is it?"

"You know the girl who I was sitting with at breakfast and stuff?"

"Oh yeah. Her brother? Her name's Annie isn't it?"

"Abbi. And it's not her brother." Of course it's not her brother! I'm not thick. It's Abbi- Annie?- herself. But I decide to help Laure figure it out.

"That's good. She was pretty ugly. I can't imagine a brother looking much better."

"Abbi is not ugly!"

"Did you see her hair?"

"Abbi is not ugly! If you even think she is again I will rip out your beating heart and shove it down your throat!" Jesus, Laure's violent.

"Yep. Annie's your mate."

"Abbi! I just said her name like five times!" Whoops. "Oh my god. What am I going to do?"

"You could tell her?"

"She would hate me!"

"I don't think so. I'm about 80% sure she likes you too."

"What? How?"

"You look at each other the same way."

"Shut up! Okay, thanks Ko."

"Any time Laure." She grins and walks away.

"Oh look," a voice says. "It's the death eater's boyfriend." My heart sinks.

"What do you want Weasel?"

"Look he's not denying it! I think they're in love, Ron!" his bitch of a sister adds. She doesn't know how truthful her words are.

"Piss off," I say.

"Uh oh! You guys, you're getting him all wound up!" Mudblood pouts.

"Don't want to do that! Maybe he'll get his boyfriend to give us the dark mark!"

"Don't worry, Ron. The freak doesn't have the guts. Him or his boyfriend." This is when I punch her.

I have nothing against the Weaslette calling Dray my boyfriend. He is my mate, after all. But nobody calls Draco a freak.

Ginny falls to the floor, a hand flying up to her bleeding nose.

"You just punched my sister!" Ron cries.

"Well done, smart-arse. Want me to do the same to you?"

"I'd like to see you try." And that's how Ron ends up on the floor with bruises all over his stomach.

"Ko!" Then Draco's behind me. "What did you do?"

"Taught them a lesson. That one," I point to Weaselette, "called you a freak. The other challenged me. They deserve it, Dray. For everything." And I know he knows I don't just mean today.

"Oh look," Hermione says. "They have nicknames! How sweet. I think we should have nicknames for them too, don't you?" Ron nods, standing again.

"How about 'the freak' and 'the creep'."

"Fuck off, Weasel," I growl.

"Make me." So I do. I push him against a wall, and am about to punch him when I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"Ko, don't! He's not worth it." At feeling my mates touch, my anger close to evaporates, and I let Ron go.

"Coward," he mutters. I don't care what the gryffindorks say about me, only what the say about Draco. But what I don't expect is for my mate to get pissed off at one little word said about me. So pissed off in fact, he punches Ron straight in the nose.

"He's not a coward," Dray says, turning and stalking off. I follow him in shock. "And stay the fuck away from us."

"I thought you didn't want me to hurt him?" I say once we're out of earshot.

"That was when he was insulting me. Then he called you a coward."

"So you punched him just because he said one not-so-nice word to me?" He nods slowly. "Dray, that's sweet and all, but you don't have to be so protective of me."

"Yes I do! I wasn't one- remember that? And when I wasn't you were taken away from me. What if I'm not protective anymore and the Weasel or Dumbledore take you away again? What if you're not taken but worse? What if you leave?"

"Draco." He looks at his feet. "Draco look at me." I put two fingers under his chin and lift his face until I'm looking into his gorgeous blue-grey eyes. "I'll never leave. I refuse to be taken again. And as for me going willingly... Draco I really hope you know I would never do that. I love you, Dray. So, so much."

"I love you too." I wrap my arms around him, pulling him closer and breathing him in. "I really do."