Sixteen

Sophie POV

I lean against the cold stone wall outside the common room, waiting for Henry. How does he even know where the room is? What if he doesn't, and he just said that to shut me up? What if he doesn't come? What if he's with Cho right now? The thought makes me want to throw up.

Then I see a boy walking towards me. He has dark, curled hair and eyes that seem almost amber. He's gorgeous.

He stops when he sees me. "You-you're Sophie?" I nod. Even his voice is angelic. "I'm Henry. Wow."

"What?"

"You... You're way prettier than I thought you would be." I feel myself blushing profusely.

"You think I'm pretty?"

"I think you're beautiful." My blush deepens.

"Th-thank you."

"Come with me. I want to take you somewhere." He leads me to a tree outside the castle. It's secluded, and it's spring so the tree's in blossom. It's beautiful. He sits down on a bench underneath it, and I join him.

After an hour that feels like a lifetime, I suddenly realise that his face is inches from mine. He stops talking, obviously realising it too. Then he leans in closer, and our lips brush. It's barely a kiss, but it sends fireworks through my whole body.

Draco POV

We're going home today. Home. The word almost seems foreign. I can see mother and father again, and Tom and Aunt Bella. Maybe even Sirius and Remus if they're there.

I sit on the train. Kovus sits right next to me, our hips touching. Laure sits across from us, her hand slotted into Abbi's. Jess sits by the window, and Sophie has gone to see Henry, her mate.

Kovus leans his head on my shoulder. "We're going home, Dray," he whispers in my ear. I nod, wrapping an arm around him.

Mother is waiting for us at the station. Sophie's back but Laure and Abbi have gone, maybe to say goodbye. I hug mother tightly. 

"Where's Laure?" she asks.

"I'm here." She walks up from behind us. She wears a smile, but there's still a small trace of a tear on her cheek. I give her a reassuring smile.

"It's just three weeks, Laure. It'll be fine. You'll be seeing her again before you know it," I say quietly. She nods, smiling weakly at me.

"Thanks Draco. I know I'll be fine I'm just being silly." 

"Are we ready?" Mother asks, and we all nod. We grasp hands, and mother apparates us back to the manor.

Tom, Bella and Father wait for us in the living room, and Kovus, Laure and I hug our individual parents.

"Laure and Sophie have news!" I say, and Laure smacks me gently on the arm, but smiles.

"We found our mates," Sophie says, grinning from ear to ear.

"That's fantastic!" Bella exclaims. "Who are they?"

"Mines a Ravenclaw boy named Henry," Sophie says.

"And yours, Laure?"

"Her name's Abbi. She's a Slytherin in our year and she's amazing." Her smile falters. "But I won't see her until after the holidays, and her dad..." She trails off. Jess puts an arm around her.

"She'll be okay," she says. Laure nods and smiles the same weak smile.

Laure POV (woa 2 POV changes in one chapter)

Abbi's dad abuses her. He hits her and yells at her for the smallest thing. And she has to go and spend three weeks with him. It would be alright if her mother was there, but she died a few years ago. No wonder she's depressed. I won't even know if she's okay.

After the train ride, we stay in the compartment for a while. I hold her tight, not wanting to let her go.

"Are you sure you can't come with me?" I mumble into her shoulder.

"I wish I could, but I just can't. My father..."

"I know. If you didn't go with him, he would just make it worse. I just wish..."

"Me too." It's only when I feel thy her shoulder's damp do I realise I am crying. She pulls away, whipping a tear from my cheek. "Don't cry for me," she says, mimicking her words before our first kiss.

"Don't talk." And then I press my lips against hers. We're both too upset to do anything more than that, but the gesture means the world to me. After the kiss, I lean into her again. "I'm going to miss you," I say. "So much."

"I'm going to miss you too." It breaks my heart to detach myself for. Her, because I know I won't see her again until school restarts. And I know it's only three weeks, but it feels like forever.

"Goodbye, Abbi."

"Goodbye, Laure." And then she's gone.

A/N *smiles sheepishly* hi. I feel like I haven't uploaded in ages, and I'm sorry there's no action in this chapter, but I did the Sophie part, and then was like yeah fluff, so I did fluff. For them all. Anyways, vote, comment, stay in school, eat your greens, don't take drugs, etc.

~Gorgi xxhes