Part 16

Soon after Aditya departed for his meeting, Avni started the recorder and began singing along with it. It was always the best thing for her for entertainment and to pass her free time.

She did a quick shower and began to dry her hair with the towel while singing. She started to move a little with the song making towel her mic.

She was so lost in her own world that she didn't realize when the door to her suite opened. As she turned around to make one of her best move while singing, she saw Aditya standing looking at her with amusement.

A small smile was tugged at the corner of his mouth. Avni's whole face turned pink and Aditya chuckled.

He came forward and said, 'You were quite a show to watch. I didn't know about this ability of yours.'

Avni smiled shyly and said, 'Well, you actually don't know much about me. What are you doing here anyway? Don't you have that meeting? '

'Yeah I forgot the file so I came here to take it with me. But after looking at your performance, it was worth it.'

Avni rolled her eyes at him and said, 'Thank you Adi. Now would you please take your file and go? I have to get ready for my first business party.'

Aditya put his hand on his chest and said dramatically, 'You hurt my feelings wife.'

Avni grinned at him. She liked playful Aditya. He was so much fun when he was in a good mood. 'Isn't it a wife's duty to hurt her husband to keep him on the ground?' Avni asked teasingly.

Aditya grinned at her and said, 'If I think about it, there are many more duties of a wife than to put her husband down to earth.' Aditya said in his seductive voice.

Avni blushed and scolded herself in her mind for not able to control her reaction.

Aditya chuckled at her and said, 'Oh now, I would love to see you blush all day long but I think I should leave now. I'll be late and Sal would be miserable if I got late.' He winked at Avni and left.

Avni released her breath. She then started to get ready.

After half an hour she was all ready to leave. She was wearing a full length cream colored backless dress with a slit on one side. It fitted perfectly to her body. She left her hair open and put on a lipstick and eye liner. She then put on her heels and picked up her purse and left for the party.

She entered into the hall where the party was organized. Many sophisticated looking people were gathered talking and laughing. There was no doubt that these people were well acquainted with one another. Avni's eyes searched for Aditya but she couldn't spot him.

His meeting must be over, she thought. At one end, there was a space for the band who was playing melodies and couples were dancing. As she heard the music she reached closer and at one end of the stage, started moving slowly by herself. It was dark so she felt it alright to get lost in the music for a while.

She closed her eyes and took in the music.

'Would you mind if I join you?' A heavy familiar voice spoke from behind her and Avni smiled. She turned and said, 'Ofcourse! I wouldn't mind at all. I will be delighted to have your company.'

He took her hand and led her to the dance floor. He placed his hand on her waist and pulled her closer.

'You look stunning wife! I couldn't believe that I have such a beautiful wife.' Aditya said to her moving with the music.

Avni smiled and said, 'Thank you for the compliment but you too are looking very handsome I must say that.'

Aditya chuckled and said, 'You know that is the first time you complimented me about something. I take that I am growing over you.'