Part 28

'We got him.' Aditya's PA said with urgency. Aditya's eyes gleamed and he nodded. 'Let's go then.' Aditya said and got up. He so desperately waited to get hold of the traitor. Now, he was going to face him. He walked through the doors of his office and in the empty conference room, was sitting the man who betrayed him.

He was held by one of his employees and he moved forward sizzling with anger and hurt. He couldn't believe that this was the man who betrayed him. Fareed, his pal who was one of the most trusted man. He considered him like his own brother. He couldn't believe that he was the one who betrayed him.

Aditya came forward and his personal assistant, Lily handed him Fareed's cellphone. She said, 'We got him with proof sir. He was talking in the phone when I walked in and realized that it was our rivals, The Mosaics he was talking to.'

Aditya narrowed his gaze at Fareed and then looked him straight in the eyes. Then he said only one word, 'Why?' Fareed just smiled and said, 'Come on! Don't try to act stupid here. You very well know the reason. But, if you still want to know then I don't mind telling you. The reason is simple. I hate you. I hated you from the moment I started working for you.

I hated you from the moment you started bossing me around. All these years you worked alongside me but then you get to boss me around. My hate increased the moment you stopped listening to my views. I will continue to hate you till I am alive.' Fareed was breathing heavily with his rageous outburst.

Aditya's jaw clenched while fighting for control. His lips were formed in a thin line and he looked menacingly towards Fareed. Aditya gave him his coldest glare and said, 'I considered you my brother!! But I was so wrong to think that you felt the same and I could trust you.' He came closer to him and said giving him his wicked smile.

'But you know what? I can rectify my mistake. And since you told me that you will continue to hate me till you're alive, then we wouldn't want that now, do we? So, I have a great solution to this problem. I could easily lock you down for your entire life and not a single soul will know. Or.. I could leave you like that and let you do whatever you want.'

Aditya paused and smirked at him taking in his expression. Fareed was looking at him with anger and confusion and when he spoke his final words, the expressions on Fareed's face changed into those of fear. Aditya continued, 'You know I could also do one more thing. I could simply kill you for betraying me. But I think for the sake of old times, I will spare your life.'

'Now, the question is what am I going to do? I need to think about your punishment. I have decided that you are going to stay locked up for a while till I decide what I want to do with you. Don't be afraid you will be taken good care, Brother.'

Saying these words, Aditya stood up and walked out with Fareed's shout behind him that he was sorry and he wasn't thinking straight. But Aditya didn't listen to him and walked out thinking him as a coward. Fareed should have known that what Aditya was capable of before betraying him. Now he'll have to face the consequences.

Aditya straightened his tie and finished his work. After the day was over, he reached home and went straight to the kitchen because he knew the only place he would find Avni at this time was here. After the tiresome day, all he wanted was to see Avni's face.

He entered into the kitchen with a wide smile stretched on his face looking at her. She was busy preparing for dinner and singing to herself. He could get used to this scene, he thought.

When he reached closer, Avni sensed his presence and turned around giving him a smile. She said, 'Oh! You're home! How was your day?' He noticed the word home in her sentence and realized it was indeed a home to him too.

He replied, 'It was alright. I'll just tell you about it after dinner.' Aditya thought that it was time for him to tell her about what he did today. He wanted to show her the bad side of himself. Avni nodded in understanding and Aditya continued, 'How was your day? Did you miss me?' He winked at her and Avni rolled her eyes but couldn't control her blushing. Aditya chuckled but didn't say anything.

She said, 'My day was busy and nothing unusual happened. It was just normal.' Aditya nodded and looked over what she was preparing and realized that it was for his grandma. In that moment, he looked at her and found her more beautiful. She was always so caring and blended with his family so well as if she was always here.

Avni felt Aditya's gaze on her so she looked at him and said, 'Why are you looking at me like that?' Aditya said, 'Nothing, I like looking at you.' Avni smiled shyly at his reply and said, 'Okay, why don't you go freshen up and then come back for dinner? It'll be ready in five minutes.' Aditya nodded and swiftly walked away kissing her on the cheek before anybody could notice and before she could say anything.

Avni watched him as he left, standing stunned as to what happened and then smiled to herself. She felt like a teenager again. She was feeling herself falling for him too hard every day. She embraced this feeling and felt happy. This was the happiest time of her life.

After preparing dinner and keeping the table ready she went to call Aditya. Aditya was on his computer watching Dragon ball z. She couldn't understand the fascination of this cartoon series. This reminded her of her brother. He also loved watching it and whenever she asked him what's so interesting about it, he told her it has action stuff so he liked it.

She missed her brother and her family. Her train of thought was soon interrupted by Aditya who was now looking at her and said, 'What are you doing standing there, precious? I called your name twice but it seems that you are not here. What were you thinking? ' Avni said, 'Nothing I was just thinking that I miss my family.' She paused and then quickly changed the topic. 'Anyways, I came here to call you for dinner.' Aditya nodded and got up following Avni to the dinner table without uttering a single word.

A/N- hello my precious readers. I think you didn't expect this hard side of Aditya. And also he is starting to open up to Avni. So, what do you think about it? Do you like where this story is going?

Thank you all of you who are reading and supporting me through your votes and comments. You all are best and very precious to me. Take good care of yourselves and have a wonderful day!!!!:)