Part 44

The sun was setting down with a picturesque view of the orange yellow sky. The cold wind started blowing in the atmosphere giving the message for the onset of winter.

The weather was changing so fast like his own life, Aditya thought while driving.

He was agitated inside and was speeding the car. He never in his life drove so fast, not even when he was a spoiled one in college.

But then, he never needed to before. He was wondering how Avni was staying. He wanted to hold her and get to her as fast as possible but looking at the traffic, he was doubtful that he would reach at a faster pace.

He put the car in reverse and took a different road where there wasn't much traffic.

***

'Now, you are here Avni. So, I think it's time for you to understand that Aditya is all mine.' Eva said excitedly.

Avni felt a sudden bitterness towards Eva. She hated that she was tied here in front of her.

Avni spoke bitterly, 'Eva open your eyes and get this inside the thick skull of yours that Aditya will never accept you. He is a married man now. So, stop living in an illusion.'

'Oh! He will not remain married for too long.' Eva said putting her hands at her sides.

'What do you mean?' Avni asked dreading the answer.

'I mean that you will give him divorce or else you know the rules. You are going to your beloved Sandhya.' Eva said smirking and Avni's eyes widened which she quickly recovered from.

Half of her ropes were cut now, only few minutes more and she will be free, Avni thought.

'What are you talking about Eva? We talked about it that we won't kill her.' Fareed spoke and Avni felt relieved.

'I think we should talk about it first. Come with me.' Eva told Fareed and they both exited out the room.

As soon as they went out, Avni started working through the ropes more furiously. In  a matter of a minute she cut the rope and freed herself.

Now, the only thing she had to do was find the way to escape.

She couldn't hear the sound of Eva or Fareed outside the room. So, that meant they went further. She very slowly began opening the door when she heard footsteps.

She cursed under her breath and stood behind the door. She held the blade in her hand securely preparing herself for what was to come next.

The door opened and to her relief, there was only the one guard and not Eva and Fareed. It would be easier to defend herself from one as compared to two.

She stopped breathing for a second. The guard's eyes widened when he discovered the chair empty where Avni was tied. He turned quickly and ran outside without a single glance where Avni stood hiding.

Avni released a sigh of relief and quickly ran. It would not take long for the others to be back.

On her way she found a tank filled with something. She reached towards it and found that it was oil. She spilled it on the floor and thought it better to continue towards the other way from where guard had entered.

She knew it would be the way where she could escape. She was feeling lucky that they didn't put too many guards else it would be impossible for her to get away.

She was about to move when a gunshot fired and she stood rooted to where she was.

'Well, trying to go somewhere?', Fareed said pointing the gun towards Avni.