09

"Minhee wake up! Remember, you can't be late for school. Someone's waiting." Mom playfully shouted from behind the door.

"Awake!" I shouted back in reply. I was actually getting ready, and have woke up an hour ago. I just thought that I might need some time donning myself? You know that saying, 'the more you love that person, the more you wanted to look good in front of them'. Ever heard of that? Of course no! I made it myself. But don't get me wrong, I don't love him.

I decided to wear my baby blue skinny jeans with my favourite sleeveless black shirt I bought from London and paired it with my long sleeve geometric knit cardigan. I'm not in the mood for doing my hair so I kind of, make it messy but a proper hot messy.

I grabbed my bag and went downstairs. "Oh wow..." Dad echoed from the dining table. "Who's the lucky guy?"

"Dad!" I slightly pushed his shoulder in a playful way while making a pouty face.

"What? Am I right or am I right? Is it Jaebum?" Dad said, teasing me yet again.

"Enough about that. I got to go. Love you dad" I gave him a kiss on his cheek before heading out.

I crossed my arms and silently wait for Jaebum while countlessly looking at my watch.

"Minhee" I heard a husky voice from behind, calling my name.

"Oh you there." I said, slowly running towards him. "Good morning" I gave him my second sweetest smile. My ultimate sweetest smile only belongs to my family and my boyfriend. Too bad, I don't have one.

"Good morning" He replied. And that's it. For your information, he's wearing a sunglass so I couldn't really see where he's looking at.

"Shall we go now?" I waved my hands in front of his face.

He seems like he was in a deep thought, but he quickly snap it out. "Oh—ye-yeah sure"

We finally started to walk our way to school. "Can I ask something, Jaebum?" I couldn't help myself from saying this. I need an answer.

"Remember when we used to play here. This playground." He changed the topic. He is avoiding something. I knew it.

Looking down, I said "Yeah. It was great I don't think I could ever forget."

"Let's do it again. For the last time" He said, in a gloomy tone. "We might not meet each other again. I'm getting busy lately, you know." He fixed his gaze towards the sky.

"Sure. It would be so much fun!" I shouted in joy while looking at him. Are we fine now? Are we best friend now?

"You never change, Minhee" He shook his head slowly while heading towards the hallway, leaving me dumbfounded. 

--

I decided to take a walk at our school's garden in our break time. I suddenly felt so full, with love. (ayy thats buttery) "Beautiful..." I whispered to myself while staring at those eye-catching flowers. For me, beautiful is a big word. Like it carry much more meaning in it.

Oh shot! It's Jackson. Damn, I don't want to meet him right now. Not after that embarrassing sudden call yesterday.

"Jackson. I-I li—like you" I stuttered.

"Sorry. Who's this?" An unfamiliar voice echoed through the cellphone.

"I'm Jackson's friend. Is this his father?" I was about to end the call out of embarrassment but the stranger who I assumed to be his father is faster.

"No. I'm his brother" Oh my god it's Teacher Wang!! "And who are you?"

"I'm nobody. Yes? Me? Oh okay wait wait" I shouted, pretending that someone just call me for some help. "You know what? I guess I got to—"

He cutted me off "Minhee is that you?" I could sense that his tone is getting high-pitched. Like a 'I don't believe it' tone. "According to this number, I'm certain that—"

"Nope. Wrong number. Bye!" I ended the call and let out a relief sigh. "Fuh. That was close" I muttered while wiping the cold sweat on my forehead. 

I swear to god I won't ever confess to a boy through cellphone. Not anymore.